Last Updated on December 3, 2019
Updated November 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
The streaming services market has never been so saturated and competitive. Gone are the days when Netflix was your only real choice if you wanted video on demand, because its monopoly was broken by Amazon Prime, Hulu, Disney+, CBS All Access and others.
So if you’re really tired of what Netflix has to offer and want to move to greener media pastures, you’ve come to the right place because we’ve developed this guide to help you permanently delete your Netflix account.
How to cancel Netflix
Cancelling a streaming plan will result in the termination of membership fees in the future.
If your Netflix account was created via Apple TV or in the official Netflix application for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, you must cancel your subscription via iTunes.
As mentioned above, individuals who cancel their streaming plan with the remaining time of their billing period can continue to do so until their account automatically closes at the beginning of their next billing cycle.
If you are invoiced via iTunes:
1) On your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad, go to Settings → iTunes & App Store and tap the name of your Apple ID account at the top.
2) From the context menu, tap Show apple ID.
You may need to enter your password to recover your Apple ID.
3) Tap on the Manage button located directly under the Subscriptions section.
4) On the next screen, tap your Netflix subscription to make the changes.
5) Slide the automatic renewal switch to the OFF position.
6) Press Disable to confirm.
7) Press Done to exit.
This will terminate your Netflix subscription at the end of the current billing cycle. You can use Netflix until the end of your current billing period.
Put on hold
Putting your Netflix account on hold is a good solution if you are not quite ready to cancel your account, but want a temporary suspension of payment. With Netflix, you can put your account on hold for a period of time, usually between seven and 90 days. You can put your Netflix account on ice by logging into your Netflix.com account and clicking on the Help Center link at the bottom of the screen. Click on “Start Live Chat” to be connected to Netflix customer support. Tell them that you want to put your account on hold and they will process the request.
Cancelling your Netflix account
- Log in to Netflix.
- Click on the down arrow at the top right of the page, next to the name of your profile.
- Select the Account section.
- Under Membership and Billing, click on the grey box to cancel your membership.
- Click Finish Cancel to confirm that you want to cancel.
- There you go: you are now unsubscribed from Netflix. You can use your Netflix account until the end of your current billing period or a free trial version.
Delete your Netflix account.
If you want your account to be permanently deleted before the 10-month window expires, you must open your favorite email site or application and send a message to [email protected] asking to delete your account.
If you have terminated your account before the end of the current billing period, they will wait until the end of the period before deleting your account. If you want it deleted immediately, you must explicitly ask them to do so in your email.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.