Last Updated on August 29, 2019
Updated November 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Windows 10 Mail finally has a dark mode that is worth using. After a few weeks of testing with insiders, the updated Mail and Calendar application now includes a more useful version of the application’s email page functionality: a version that darkens the entire application and allows you to quickly become “light” when it is difficult to read.
Technically, the Windows 10 Mail application had a dark mode option before this update, but the switch only applied to the side menus. The “Reading Window” email in which you read and write emails remained brilliant. But not anymore! From now on, the Dark mode switches all panels to dark grey shades, making them easier to see in low-light conditions.
Switch to Light or Dark Mode Theme for Mail and Calendar app
1. Open the mail or calendar application.
2. Click the Settings button at the bottom left and click Customize in the Settings window.
3. select (dot) Light Mode, Dark Mode or My Windows Mode for what you want.
Note: If you use the Use my Windows mode option, the application will follow the default application theme enabled in the settings.
Another useful new feature we have discovered in the Windows 10 Mail application is the ability to set a default font for each account. You can find this new feature under Settings > Default Font, and the extraction should also allow you to notice some persistent inconsistencies in the user interface. Most in-app settings use a sliding menu on the right, but others use a pop-up window with a white background, even if you use the application with the dark mode enabled.
Enable light or dark mode for individual emails in Mail App
- If you are in a folder in the email application, double-click on an email or start creating a new one.
- Click on the sun icon in the toolbar (visible in dark mode). This will apply the light theme to the current email.
- Click on the moon icon to activate the dark theme in light application mode.
- This allows you to spontaneously change light and dark subjects for a single email without having to visit the options of the email application.
Are you satisfied with this improved dark mode in the Windows 10 Mail application, or do you think Microsoft can do better? Tint in the comments below.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.