Updated May 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
When Windows 10 detects a new threat on your device, it automatically sends the problem file to Microsoft. This allows the company to analyze the threat and develop new antivirus definitions that can be used to identify it in the future.
While this sample sharing helps improve the overall security of the Windows ecosystem, it can make you uncomfortable. Although Windows asks you if a sample “probably” contains personal information, you may prefer to disable sample sharing altogether.
Use the Group Policy Editor/Registry Editor
- Go to Start > enter Group Policy > select Local Group Policy Editor
- Go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Defender Antivirus > MAPS
- Deactivate the following functions:
- Join Microsoft MAPS
- Send sample files if further analysis is required
- Go to C:\Program Files\Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection\SenseSampleUploader.exe > Disable Firewall Profiles
- Restart your computer.
Windows 10 Home does not support the Group Policy Editor. If you use this operating system, use the registry editor for this task.
- Start Run > type regedit > press Enter.
Proceed to the next path:
- Create a new key under the Windows Defender key > name it Spynet
- create a new DWORD SubmitSamplesConsent in the right pane > set its value to 2
- create a new DWORD SpynetReporting > set its value to 0
May 2023 Update:
You can now prevent PC problems by using this tool, such as protecting you against file loss and malware. Additionally it is a great way to optimize your computer for maximum performance. The program fixes common errors that might occur on Windows systems with ease - no need for hours of troubleshooting when you have the perfect solution at your fingertips:
- Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click “Start Scan” to find Windows registry issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click “Repair All” to fix all issues.
Using the Settings App
To enable or disable the Windows Defender for Windows 10 PC automatic template example, please follow the instructions below
1) Press the window key on the keyboard or click on the Windows logo in the lower left corner. (Click Start).
2) You will see the settings icon (it is highlighted in red), click on it.
3) The Settings window opens.
4) Click Update and Security, then the Update and Security window opens.
5) On the left side, you will see Windows Defender, then click Windows Defender
6) In the Windows Defender settings window, you will see the automatic sample transmission, it is set to ON by default, to disable it, click the ON and OFF buttons.
7) Expand the system tray and click the Windows Defender icon to launch Windows Defender.
8) Click Settings in the upper right corner.
9) In the Windows Defender settings window, you will see the automatic sample transmission, it is set to ON by default, to disable it, click the ON and OFF buttons.
Have you disabled the Cloud-delivered Protection and Automatic Sample Submission?
We hope this guide has helped you better understand these protections included in Windows 10 and Windows Defender Antivirus. Before you close the guide, please tell us if you have decided to disable cloud protection and automatic sample delivery, or if you have left them enabled. Comment below and discuss with us.
Even if you disable it, other users will continue to submit their samples and overall, the service is constantly improving and continues to identify threats!
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.