Updated March 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
When you open the Creative Cloud Desktop application, the Applications tab loads with the following message:
Download error. Press Retry to try again or contact customer support.
Clicking the Reload Applications button does not resolve the error.
The error message indicates a failure to complete the download.
Delete the OOBE and AAMUpdater Folders.
- Exit the Creative Cloud desktop application.
- Navigate to \User\AppData\Local\Adobe\
- To view the hidden AppData folder, see Viewing Hidden Files, Folders, File Name Extensions | Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7.
- Locate and delete the AAMUpdate and OOBE folders.
- Reopen the Creative Cloud desktop application located on the Home screen/menu.
The AAMUpdate and OOBE folders will be recreated when the Creative Cloud desktop application is restarted.
Troubleshooting Network and Connectivity Issues
When you try to download, install, or upgrade a Creative Cloud application, you receive an error message indicating that you are experiencing network connectivity or stability issues.
If you are connected via a self-managed or home network, see the steps for troubleshooting connectivity problems listed in the Troubleshooting connection errors section.
March 2023 Update:
You can now prevent PC problems by using this tool, such as protecting you against file loss and malware. Additionally it is a great way to optimize your computer for maximum performance. The program fixes common errors that might occur on Windows systems with ease - no need for hours of troubleshooting when you have the perfect solution at your fingertips:
- Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click “Start Scan” to find Windows registry issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click “Repair All” to fix all issues.
If you have confirmed that it is not a configuration or software error, you may experience a quality of service issue when downloading large files. Try another Internet connection:
- Use a wired connection rather than a wireless connection.
- Use a different cable and Ethernet port.
- Use a different Internet service provider for downloading.
Installing the Latest Version of Adobe Creative Cloud
Sometimes only a complete reinstallation of the latest version will allow Adobe Creative apps to work properly again.
So feel free to click on the download link below instead of worrying about download errors. The problem will disappear forever and you will be back to your routine.
Temporarily Disable Anti-virus Software
On your Windows 10 computer, Windows Defender antivirus protection is often a reliable anti-malware solution to protect your computer from unwanted viruses, spyware and many other forms of malware.
Adobe Creative Cloud download error, you can temporarily disable it. In fact, almost all anti-virus programs can be disabled for a period of time.
Even if you try this option, you have nothing to lose. However, if you receive confirmation that the antivirus program is the culprit, this may be the perfect time to take extreme measures.
Which of the above solutions helped you avoid the problems of downloading the Adobe Creative Cloud? Let us know by leaving a message in the comments box below.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.