Updated January 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Google Chrome’s ability to create desktop shortcuts for websites is an incredibly useful feature. You can open websites in special Chrome windows, and they also look like real Windows or MacOS applications.
However, using the Create Chrome Shortcut function can cause some problems. For example, some of the shortcuts you create start in normal Chrome windows, including tabs and a visible address bar. Or you may find the option greyed out and unusable.
However, let’s take a look at some patches that can help you move this important function in the right direction.
Return to the settings menu
Still not working? The only other possibility I can imagine is that you have strange settings that prevent you from moving forward. To try to fix this, return to the settings in the “—” menu and then find this set of options:
If you have “Open a specific page or a specific set of pages”, it is possible that web shortcuts may interfere with work, so try something else, such as “Open the new tab”, quit Chrome, then double-click on this shortcut on your desktop. Let’s hope everything works then!
Clean your Google Chrome
- Download the Chrome cleaning tool with another browser (of course) and locate the downloaded program and open it with a double click.
- This program is not installed on your computer, it is a flash scanner to find suspicious programs and reset Google Chrome settings.
- The cleaning tool searches for the program in conflict, if it finds such a program, it is recommended to uninstall it.
- If he does not find a suspicious program, click on Next.
- The cleaning tool will attempt to open and reset the Chrome settings. (Try this patch before trying the other patches mentioned.)
- Restart your computer and check if it is working or not.
Configure Existing Shortcuts To Disable The Address Bar And Tabs.
If you have already created the shortcuts, you do not need to go through this process. The App Launcher in Chrome should allow you to easily reconfigure the operation of the shortcuts.
- First, type chrome://apps in the Chrome address bar. You will then see a list of all the shortcuts you have created with Chrome over time.
- Simply right-click on the shortcut you want to open in a special Chrome window (visible without tabs and address bar), then click Open as window.
- Now go back to your desktop, then double-click on the shortcut. There you go! There you go! It should open in its own window.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.