Updated February 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Several users contacted us to ask us questions after receiving a recurring error (at each start): The operation could not be detected: A ! “DifxFrontend failed.” Other users are supposed to see this error when trying to open a particular application (most often Spotify) – And after opening the file and seeing the error, they can use the application normally. In most cases, the popup will want to open a tamed file that displays this error message. Although the problem is much more common on Windows 10, it also occurs on Windows 7 and Windows 8.1.
Perform a Clean Boot on Windows
To restart under Windows 10, do the following.
- Log in to your computer as an administrator.
- Click on Start, then type msconfig.
- Select System configuration in the search results.
- In the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then tap or click Disable all.
- On the Start tab of the System Configuration dialog box, press or click Open Task Manager.
- In the Task Manager’s Start tab, select the item for each start item and click Disable.
- Close the Task Manager.
- In the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, press or click OK, and then restart your computer. Once the computer restarts in a clean boot environment, you can follow the troubleshooting steps to install, uninstall or run your application. Your computer may temporarily lose some features while in a clean boot environment. However, this feature returns when you reset the computer to restart it normally after completing your troubleshooting.
Managing the corrupted installation of InstallShield
February 2023 Update:
You can now prevent PC problems by using this tool, such as protecting you against file loss and malware. Additionally it is a great way to optimize your computer for maximum performance. The program fixes common errors that might occur on Windows systems with ease - no need for hours of troubleshooting when you have the perfect solution at your fingertips:
- Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click “Start Scan” to find Windows registry issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click “Repair All” to fix all issues.
It turns out that this error message can also occur if your InstallShield installation is incomplete or affected by file corruption. InstallShield uses DIFx (Driver Install Framework) to install drivers and newer versions of InstallShield and add them to the Device Driver Assistant.
In some circumstances, however, InstallShield may overuse the resources of your system by constantly trying to complete the installations. This behavior may be visible in the Task Manager – If you see one or more applications named after your first Windows account, it is an incorrect instance of InstallShield.
If this scenario applies, you should be able to solve the problem by calling the Task Manager, determining the location of the application and removing it completely. This procedure has been confirmed by several users who have difficulty solving the problem of Not detecting: A! “DifxFrontend has failed! Error.
Running a virus scan
To scan your computer with Windows Defender, follow these six steps.
- Select the Start Menu button.
- In the Search for programs and files text box, type Windows Defender.
- Select Windows Defender.
- You may be asked to check for updates. If so, click Check for updates now.
- To scan your computer, click Scan.
- Windows Defender scans your computer and warns you if it detects malicious activity.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.