Last Updated on December 3, 2020
Updated September 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
You may have had various Plex errors after error messages such as s1001 network, conversion failure, item loading, file and disk check, etc. E. The main causes of Plex reading errors are numerous and complex, for example: wrong configuration, unsupported codecs, etc. E. It is very annoying when Plex Server cannot play media via Roku, Samsung TV and various players, when the error messages are not specific enough to be indicative. To save you trouble and time, we have collected all effective fixes for errors in Plex reading, converting, player.
Reinstall the Plex server
One of the most common cases of this error is an update with bugs, released in July 2019. If you haven’t updated your version of Plex since or if you have recently installed an old version this time, it is probably the cause of the bug code: s1001 (network).
If this script is applicable, you can solve this problem by reinstalling the Plex server. This will fix any remaining problems caused by previous updates.
If you are ready to continue this procedure, follow the instructions below to completely remove the Plex Media Server and reinstall the latest version:
- Click Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog box. Then type “appwiz.cpl” in the text box and press Enter to open the “Programs and Components” menu.
- In the “Programs and Components” menu, scroll through the list of installed programs and find the entry related to Plex Media Server. When you see it, right-click it and select “Delete” in the new context menu that appears.
- On the Delete screen, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the deletion process.
- Click Windows Key + R to open another dialog box called “Run”. Type “regedit” in the text box and press Enter to open the Registry Editor utility.
- In the Registry Editor, use the menu on the left to navigate to the next location:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \
- When you get there, right-click the Plex, Inc. button and select “Delete” in the context menu that appears again.
- After you have removed the registry section associated with Plex, close the registry editor and press Windows Key + R to open another Run dialog box. This time paste the following command into the text box and press Enter to go to the hidden Appdata folder (hidden by default):
- % LOCALAPPDATA%
- In Application Data> Local folder, scroll through the list of folders and find a folder named Plex Media Server. When you see it, right-click it and select “Delete” in the context menu that opens.
- After deleting the folder, you actually removed all the components from the previous Plex installation. Now reboot your computer to complete the process and wait until the next boot is complete.
- After backing up your computer, visit the Plex Media Server download page and download the latest version of Plex Media Server for Windows.
- Once the download is complete, double-click the installation executable, click “Install” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Remove the personalized URLs from the Tools menu.
If Solution 1 does not work for you, the probability of an error code may be caused by custom URLs stored in the “Settings”>”Tools” menu. However, if your Plex Media Player account is new, this solution is not available because there is no way to block streaming with custom URLs. Most users confirmed that after deleting the custom URL in the video clips at the beginning of the clip, the problem with the error code was solved.
Restore the database
If you also see words like “Bad Database Disk Image” in the error log after the S1001 read error (network), it means that your Plex database is damaged. You need to restore the old database or restore the current database. How to recover a Plex database (steps are similar for Windows, macOS and Linux.
- Click Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog box. Then type “cmd” in the text box and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open the command line.
- Type the following commands and press Enter:
- Copy com.plexapp.plugins.library.db com.plexapp.plugins.library.db.original
- sqlite3 com.plexapp.plugins.library.db “DROP index ‘index_title_sort_naturalsort'”
- sqlite3 com.plexapp.plugins.library.db “DELETE from schema_migrations, where version = ‘20180501000000’”.
- sqlite3 com.plexapp.plugins.library.db .dump> dump.sql
- del com.plexapp.plugins.library.db
- sqlite3 com.plexapp.plugins.library.db <dump.sql
- Delete or save the following two files (in another folder), then restart the PMS:
Disable third party software intervention
If the above error code solution does not work correctly, you can try disabling a third-party security tool such as a firewall or antivirus software. This would be a way to make your Plex Media Server a potential security stream that will be responsible for fixing the Plex error code. In this case you can get real-time protection with a disabled third-party tool such as firewall or antivirus. In most cases, you can do so directly through the antivirus icon in the taskbar.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.