Updated February 2024: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Hamachi is a well-known virtual private network application that is used for a variety of applications. For example, players often use Hamachi to build a virtual LAN to play with their friends. With Windows 10, some users complain that Hamachi does not work, so we will try to fix it.
Before trying to solve this problem, make sure you have downloaded the latest version of Hamachi. If you have installed the latest version of Hamachi and the problem persists, uninstall it and try one of these solutions.
Hamachi Troubleshooting Guide:
- Make sure that anyone can ping anyone using Peer’s context menu. If it is ping time, you should check the personal firewall settings and make sure they do not block pings and game traffic on the Hamachi connection. Instructions on how to configure some common firewalls can be found in the How To section.
- Start the game and select LAN mode. Let someone lead a game. For the majority of games, everyone should be able to see the hosted game on the list and participate immediately.
- If the above does not work, try to connect to the hosting server via its IP 5.x.x.x.
- If this does not work again and you are sure that the personal firewall is configured correctly, then the game may not manage the presence of two network connections (physical and Hamachi) well or generally dissatisfied with the 5.x.x.x. Example for the game of the first type is the AOE series, the second type – CS
Remove Hamachi from the list of protected network connections
If you have this problem with Hamachi and you are using standard Windows security protection (Windows Defender + Windows Firewall), it is possible that the problem will occur because your firewall blocks incoming connections to protect the virtual network.
Several affected users reported that they had successfully resolved the problem by accessing the Windows Defender firewall settings and adjusting the default network connection behavior for protection, excluding Hamachi from the list of protected items.
Add Hamachi to the list of excluded firewall elements
Some affected users were able to completely solve the problem by adding the main Hamachi file to the list of excluded firewall elements. This may seem risky, but it is not as long as you trust the Hamachi network you use. We have seen that this solution has been confirmed several times, and it seems that the probability of success is higher under Windows 10.
Turn on the LogMeIn Hamachi Tunneling Engine Service.
Hamachi needs certain services to function properly. Sometimes these services can be disabled on your PC, but you can easily enable them. Make sure you have the latest version of Hamachi installed before following these steps:
- Press Windows + R and type services.msc and press Enter to run it.
- In the Services window, locate the LogMeIn Hamachi Tunnel Engine. Double-click on the service to open its properties.
- In the Service Status section, click Start to start the service.
- Click Apply, then click OK to save the changes.
If the service is already running, stop it, wait a few seconds and restart it. After the restart of the service, the problem should be completely solved.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.