Updated December 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
The iTunes 0xe8000015 error is one of the most common iTunes errors which results in the message “iTunes error 0xe8000015” or “iTunes could not connect to this iPhone, an unknown error occurred (0xe8000015)”. This iTunes error usually occurs when users connect their respective device to the computer and need to restore it with iTunes because the iPhone, iPad is disabled or there are other situations.
Users experience activation problems for the iPhone/iPad due to the “iTunes Error 0xe8000015” error. If you are one of the unfortunate victims of these problems, it is therefore advisable not to panic here. Indeed, the iTunes Error 0xe8000015 error can be easily corrected by simple and reliable solutions, described below.
Connecting to iTunes in Recovery Mode
If you cannot easily restore your iPhone/iPad with iTunes due to the iTunes 0xe8000015 error, you can first put your device into restore mode and then restore it with iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone/iPad to your PC and run iTunes on your PC.
- Put your iPhone/iPad in restore mode.
- For example, take iPhone 8, turn it off, connect it to a computer, and open iTunes. First press and release the volume up and down buttons, then press and release the volume down and down buttons. Then quickly press and hold the side button until the iTunes logo appears on your iPhone. Learn how to enter recovery mode for different iPhone models.
- Once the iTunes logo appears on your device, click the “Restore” button in the dialog box on your PC and confirm your choice when prompted again.
- Wait until iTunes has processed the restore.
Check the Wifi Connection
The iTunes 0xe8000015 error may occur due to network connection problems. It is therefore recommended to ensure that the iPhone is properly connected to the network.
- Check the mobile phone’s data connection: go to iPhone Settings > Cellular > Turn off, then turn on the mobile phone’s data.
- Check the Wi-Fi network connection: Go to iPhone Settings > Wi-Fi > Make sure or verify that your iPhone is connected to the correct Wi-Fi network and that you are within range of the Wi-Fi network.
Disable Restrictions on the iPhone or iPad
Another possible reason for the iTunes 0xe8000015 error is that you have enabled restriction on your iPhone/iPad. In this case, simply disable the restriction on your phone to solve the problem.
- Go to Settings > General > Restriction.
- Check to see if the restriction is enabled.
- If restriction is enabled, touch Restriction and enter your previously set restriction code.
- Press Disable Restrictions and enter your restriction password.
If you can’t find the above options under “General,” your iPhone is running on the new version of iOS. Try Settings > Screen Time > Content and Privacy Restrictions to turn it off.
Reset Lock Folder
The lock folder is a hidden and protected folder that was created at the same time that iTunes was installed on your computer. This folder is where iTunes stores the temporary data it collects when you sync and update your device.
To delete the lock folder, follow the steps below.
- Press the Windows logo key + R to open a race.
- Type %ProgramData% in the Run dialog box and press Enter.
- Find the folder called Apple and double-click it to open it.
- Find a folder named Lockdown and right-click it.
- Click Delete in the shortcut menu.
- Restart the computer.
- Check to see if the problem still exists.
Restore the phone to DFU mode.
- Start iTunes on your Mac.
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac.
- Briefly press the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons. Now press and hold the side button and wait for the screen to turn black.
- Without releasing the side button, press and hold the Volume Down button.
- After 5 seconds, release the Side Button, but hold down the Volume Button until the iPhone appears in iTunes or the Finder.
- When the message appears, release the Volume Down Button.
- Note that this process works for iPhone 8 and later. For older models, access to DFU mode is slightly different.
The iTunes 0xe800000015 error may be problematic and prevent you from connecting your iOS device to your computer, but we hope our solutions have helped you resolve the issue.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.