Updated January 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Microsoft Teams allows administrators to add guests to a team in the Teams Client or from the Administration Center. However, some users have reported the problem “Microsoft Teams cannot add guests”.
If you are also affected by this issue, here are some troubleshooting steps to resolve it.
Enable Guest Access at Teams Org-wide Level
The ability for Microsoft owners or team members to invite a guest or external user to teams has been available for almost a year. Although Microsoft provides documentation on how to configure this system, there are still some issues and several places to look, depending on your configuration. To fully install and configure it, you need to follow all the steps below.
To enable guest access, go to the Microsoft Teams Administration Center.
- In the Team Administration Center, select Organization-wide Settings > Guest Access.
- Select the Allow guest access in Microsoft Teams check box to Enabled.
- On the same page, enable or disable call, meeting, and message settings for guests.
- Click Save.
Granting Guest Access with the PowerShell command
If the problem persists, you can add guest users to Microsoft Teams using the PowerShell command.
Here’s how to do this:
- Open PowerShell as an administrator.
- Log in to Office 365 with PowerShell.
- Once you are logged in to the Office 365 administrator, type the following command :
- Set-MsolCompanySettings -UsersPermissionToRe OtherUsersEnabled $True
- Now try adding the guest user and see if the problem is solved.
Check for Latency Issues on Microsoft Teams
- Sometimes Microsoft Teams may experience temporary latency for guest changes.
- Wait a few minutes and then try to add the guest user again.
Updating Microsoft Teams
The desktop application is updated automatically (so you don’t have to). If you wish, you can always check for available updates by clicking on your profile picture at the top of the application and then choosing Check for Updates.
The web application is always up to date. That’s fine.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.