Updated March 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Are you having trouble updating Minecraft and getting the “Can’t save download” error message every time you try to update the game?
Minecraft is one of the most popular games for kids and even adults. From time to time, Mojang releases a few updates to the game to tweak it and improve performance.
However, this can be problematic if you can’t update the game. This should improve the game, not cause users to encounter update errors and error messages.
In particular, the error message “Cannot save download” in Minecraft can often be caused by incorrect permissions for the application, outdated Java software, an overprotected firewall or an anti-virus program blocking the connection. from the program to the Internet.
To solve this problem in Minecraft, we are going to show you some methods that you can easily apply on your computer.
Open Minecraft as administrator
In fact, this problem can also be caused by a permissions issue caused by the fact that the Minecraft application does not work with administrative access. This problem has been confirmed by several Affected Problems, and it seems that the game requires administrative access to download and overwrite game files.
March 2023 Update:
You can now prevent PC problems by using this tool, such as protecting you against file loss and malware. Additionally it is a great way to optimize your computer for maximum performance. The program fixes common errors that might occur on Windows systems with ease - no need for hours of troubleshooting when you have the perfect solution at your fingertips:
- Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click “Start Scan” to find Windows registry issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click “Repair All” to fix all issues.
- To open Minecraft with administrative access, simply right-click on the executable you’re using to run the game and select “Run as administrator” from the context menu that appears.
- Make sure that this process was successful and you can update the game without getting the same “Failed to save download” error.
- If the problem is solved, you can make this change permanent and make sure that this launcher still has administrative privileges by default when opened. To do this, right-click on it and select “Properties” from the context menu. Then go to the “Compatibility” tab, check the “Run this program as administrator” box and click “Apply” to save the changes.
Install the latest version of Java
If you’re playing a Java version of Minecraft, you need to make sure your Java program is updated if you have a Minecraft that can’t keep up with the download problem. If you don’t know how to install the latest version of Java, try the following steps.
Step 1: Visit the official Java program website and click Download Java. In the next window, click “Accept” and start the free download.
Step 2: Open the downloaded installation file and follow the instructions on the screen to install the program.
After installing the latest version of Java, restart your computer and run Minecraft to see if it works for you.
Get rid of programs that interfere with Minecraft Launcher
With the exception of antivirus, there are many other programs that can interfere with Minecraft Launcher writing files. This is very important because it can cause a “Failed to save download” error and prevent you from playing the game.
Launcher cannot help you identify the exact program causing this error. Solving this problem is difficult. However, once you can find and remove this program, your game should work normally again.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.