Updated October 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
OneDrive is included with Windows 10. The service itself is not bad, but the application that Microsoft is constantly trying to share with its users has its problems. Fortunately, you can uninstall OneDrive if you are not using the service. If you use the OneDrive application and it consumes a disproportionate amount of your CPU, it may be because of your name. There may be other causes, but if you happen to have a name written with an accented sign, this could be the cause of high OneDrive processor usage.
The separation of OneDrive and the replacement of the content of several folders was suggested by a user in an online forum and his answer seems to have helped many people to judge by their answers. This method should not take long and you will see the results in no time.
- Open a drive by double-clicking on the icon in the usual location on your computer.
- Under OneDrive Settings, click Disconnect OneDrive.
- Wait for the PC to disconnect the OneDrive folder and start the configuration wizard, which you can download from the official Microsoft website. Do nothing about the OneDrive installation process.
- Rename the OneDrive folder on your hard disk to OneDriveKeep. You can find this folder by navigating to this PC >> Local Hard Disk Drive C and searching for OneDrive.
Just like restarting your computer, restarting an application, program or service has the potential to fix minor software bugs and remove blocked programs that could cause the OneDrive problem of high CPU usage on Windows 10.
Right-click the Start button, then click Task Manager in the menu that appears.
On the Task Manager screen, right-click on Microsoft OneDrive Setup and select Exit Task from the pop-up menu that appears.
Now restart OneDrive and check if the problem of high CPU usage with OneDrive on your computer has been solved.
You must uninstall the existing version and install a newer version of the software. This step requires you to reconnect. Make sure you know your identification information and the verification steps that have been activated previously.
- Remove the folder %USERPROFILE%\\AppData\\Local\\Microsoft\\OneDrive or move it to Desktop
- Restart the device.
- Download the latest version of OneDrive from the Microsoft website. Create your account.
Deleting user telemetry cache files
If nothing is done, exit OneDrive and navigate to the next location in the file explorer:
Locate and delete the following two hidden files.
Now restart OneDrive and check if it helps you.
These are some of the best working solutions to repair the high CPU usage of OneDrive exe on Windows 10 computers. I hope that after applying these solutions, your high CPU usage problem is solved by OneDrive exe, you still have questions, suggestions, feel free to comment below.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.