Updated April 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
When printing a PDF document using the Adobe PDF Viewer or other tools, an “Invalidfont” printing error may occur. This error may be due to incorrect configuration or using an outdated version of the PDF Viewer.
The error can also occur if a file contains an invalid font name or font dictionary, or a damaged or misformed font dictionary.
If you are also affected by this error, here are some troubleshooting tips to help you correct the Invalidfont printer error in Windows 10.
This error also occurs when printing from any Microsoft Office and Google Chrome program.
If we convert the files to PDF, they will print without problems. However, this is not really a good solution for us, as our sales representatives regularly update PowerPoint presentations with prices, etc.
If your printer has printed a similar error to this:
OFFENDING COMMAND: definefont
Reset Adobe Acrobat Settings
- Open the File Explorer and navigate to the following location
- C:\User[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\ [version]
- Rename the following folders in Windows 10 :
- If you are using Windows 7, move the “Settings” folder to another location.
- If the preferences folder is hidden, open the View tab (in File Explorer) and select the Hidden Items check box.
- This will display all files in the folder.
- Once the preferences folder is moved, close and restart Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- This should reset the Adobe Acrobat Reader preferences.
- After the restart, Adobe will recreate the required folders.
- Try printing a PDF document and see if there are any improvements.
April 2023 Update:
You can now prevent PC problems by using this tool, such as protecting you against file loss and malware. Additionally it is a great way to optimize your computer for maximum performance. The program fixes common errors that might occur on Windows systems with ease - no need for hours of troubleshooting when you have the perfect solution at your fingertips:
- Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click “Start Scan” to find Windows registry issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click “Repair All” to fix all issues.
Disable Rely on system font only
- Launch the Adobe PDF reader.
- Open the document you want to print and press Ctrl + P.
- In the print window, select the printer and click the Properties button.
- Open the Adobe PDF settings.
- Make sure the option Exclude system fonts only; do not use document fonts is not selected.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Restart the Adobe PDF reader and check for improvements.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.