Updated January 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Microsoft today unveiled at its annual hardware event a new Surface Slim pen that blends into the top of the Surface Pro X Type Cover keyboard. The pen charges wirelessly when plugged in and replaces the AAAA batteries of older models. When you remove the pen, a context menu automatically opens, allowing you to draw instantly with applications such as whiteboards.
Here are some problems with the Surface Slim Pen that you may have, among others, the following:
- The pen is more battery-free than previous pens.
- The pen has not been used for some time and does not work.
- I can’t afford to charge the pen.
- What does the light on the pen mean?
- I need help matching the pen.
- The pen still doesn’t work.
If your Surface Slim pen is not loaded, here are some things you can try.
How often should the battery be changed?
Microsoft says that the Surface Pen lasts one year with only one battery. However, this estimate varies depending on how you use the Surface Pen, so it is always convenient to have a spare battery on hand.
What does the light on my pen mean?
- The LED indicator on your Surface Slim pen tells you when to charge the battery and more.
- Blinks white after pressing the upper button for 5 seconds. – Your pen is in pairing mode and you can connect it to your surface.
- Plain white after selecting the pair on your surface. – Your pen has been successfully matched with your surface.
- Fade in white when placed on the shelf of your keyboard or base station. – Your pen is connected and recharges as needed.
- Show and hide the amber. – Your pen is weak when it is running on battery power.
I need help matching the pen.
You must recharge your pen before using it by placing it in the tray of your Surface Pro X Signature keyboard or base station for 1 second. When you are ready, use Bluetooth to connect your Slim Pen to a surface.
Here is the procedure:
- Select Start > Settings > Devices > Add Bluetooth or another device > Bluetooth.
- Press and hold the upper button of your pen for 5 to 7 seconds until the LED flashes white to activate Bluetooth pairing mode.
- Select Surface Slim Pen to connect your pen.
The pen still doesn’t work.
You can request a replacement for the Surface Slim Pen. Proceed as follows:
- Go to the Device Service and Repair page on Microsoft.com.
- Log in with your Microsoft account and select an interface or register a new device.
- Once you have selected a registered device, you will see replacement offers based on your warranty status and eligibility for exchange.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.