Last Updated on November 23, 2020
Updated November 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
iTunes is a media player, media library, iPhone device management tool, iTunes Store client application, iOS software update tool, and more. You can say that it is an advanced and complete set of PCs for iPhone devices. The tool is available for Windows and Mac, which were developed and released by Apple itself. However, there are times when your iTunes app cannot securely connect to the iTunes Store due to a damaged file or application. So, if you also have the same problem, check out our guide on how to fix a broken iTunes Store secure link.
Also note that when you install the iTunes application on your PC / laptop, it installs some supporting applications, such as Bonjour, QuickTime, etc. E. Consequently, a damaged Bonjour or QuickTime application, or even the damaged iTunes application itself, can cause problems connecting to the server. Even running a standard diagnostic process may not work for most vulnerable users. Here we have presented some possible solutions that will work for you.
Update your operating system
If you are using an Apple device, this is how to update your iOS.
- First charge your device, and then connect it to a fast and stable Wi-Fi network.
- Then go to the device settings and choose your name.
- You need to select the iCloud option, and then the iCloud backup option.
- Later, click Create Backup Now.
- Then, you need to wait until the backup process is complete.
- After you have finished the backup process, run the Device Settings application.
- You need to select the General option, and then select the Software Update option.
- Then download and install the latest update for your iOS device.
- Now that the update process is complete, check the problem.
- Windows users can go into their settings, search for “update and security” and update the operating system.
Fix the date and time on your devices.
The correct date and time for your system is important for the various functions of the system. You may encounter this error if the date and time of your system/devices is incorrect and iTunes cannot check the time stamp on your computer. In that case, fixing the date and time on your devices may solve the problem. As an illustration, we will discuss the process for the iPhone and Windows PC.
- Close iTunes.
- Open your phone’s settings, then click “General”.
- Now click “Date and time” and then turn off the “Set automatically” option.
- Then set the date and time according to your region. Also make sure that the time zone is set correctly.
- On a Windows PC, right-click the clock in the taskbar and select “Set Date / Time”.
- Now turn off Automatically set the time.
- Then set the date and time according to your region. Also make sure that the time zone is set correctly and corresponds to the time zone of your iPhone.
- Now run iTunes and see if the secure link error has been fixed.
Turn off the VPN client
If you are using a VPN, you need to follow these instructions:
First, close iTunes on your PC and stop any related process with Task Manager.
Then shut down the VPN client and close it. However, do not forget to check that no VPN process is running in the Task Manager.
Now go to iTunes and see if the problem is solved.
Check the status of the Apple system
- Simply visit the Apple system status page to see if there are any problems with the server related to the connection problem or not.
- A green dot means that the server is running fine.
- Now, if you can determine that the state of your iTunes system is no longer valid, you will have to wait a few hours before checking again.
- However, if the server status is available, follow these steps.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.