Updated December 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
This error occurs when you try to save an Excel workbook in various circumstances.
“Your changes could not be saved to ‘ FileName ‘ because of a sharing violation. Try saving to a different file.”
Apple the official Microsoft Hotfix for Microsoft
This is a known problem with Microsoft.
- Download and install Hotfix 97050.
- Restart your Vontu services on the Enforce server and EDPA on the agent.
Allows you to index the Excel file.
It turns out that the main reason for this error is that the Excel file is in a folder that is not configured for its content to be indexed. More recent versions of Excel do not work well with folders in which this extended attribute is not enabled, so the sharing violation error is triggered accordingly.
Several users concerned reported that they have been able to overcome this problem by modifying the extended attributes of the responsible folder so that the files it contains can be indexed.
Enabling the Sharing Wizard
Another fairly common author who could be responsible for the bug that caused the sharing violation is a disabled sharing wizard. It turns out that this function must be enabled in Excel for it to work properly. Some affected users reported that the problem was solved after reactivating the Sharing Wizard from the Folder Options screen.
Here is a quick guide on how to activate the Sharing Wizard function from the Folder Options menu:
- Press Windows + R to open a Run dialog box. Then type “Control folder” and press Enter to open the Folder Options menu.
- If you are in the File Explorer Options window, select the View tab. Then scroll down the Advanced Settings options until you find the Sharing Usage Wizard (recommended). When you see it, make sure the Use sharing wizard (recommended) check box is checked, then click Apply to save the configuration.
- Once this change is made, restart your computer and check that the problem is solved when the next boot sequence is completed.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.