Last Updated on May 3, 2021
Updated November 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
If you try to log in to Grand Theft Auto 5 Online and instead get the error message “Your profile is not authorized to access GTA Online,” it can be annoying. Fortunately, this has been happening for years, and there are solutions. Here are some workarounds that can get you back into GTA Online.
The GTA Online permissions error usually occurs when you try to log into the game with an account that no longer has online access. More often than not, this happens when someone unknowingly allows their Xbox Live Gold subscription and then tries to play GTA Online. If this is the case, if you’re on a console but no longer have a Gold or PlayStation Plus subscription, we’ve already solved that problem. It’s time to re-register.
What causes the message “Profile not authorized to access GTA Online”
This error occurs when users try to log in to Grand Theft Auto 5 Online and get the error message “Your profile has no authorization.” This is not a new error, so we have several solutions you can try to fix the fact that your profile has no permissions.
This error often occurs when someone accidentally allows an Xbox Live Gold or PlayStation Plus subscription to expire and then tries to play.
However, if you still have a subscription and keep getting this error message, it’s probably a problem with your Xbox. Users have reported having two conflicting sets of information stored on their Xbox.
This could be because at some point you got Gold for a free trial, such as a promo code that often comes with a new Xbox, and then purchased a full membership. It’s possible that your Social Club account mixed up the permissions and you’re trying to get in with an expired time card.
It could also be that the developers hit the account locks that you suspect exploitation, such as used trainers or technical glitches, and they dressed you up.
How to solve the problem “Profile does not have access authorization” in GTA Online
Perform a power cycle
- When the console is on, press and hold the Xbox button on the front of the console until the front light stops flashing (after about 10 seconds).
- Once the Xbox unit is fully on, wait a full minute before attempting to turn it back on. If you want to make sure the process is successful, use this idle time to unplug the power cord and then wait a few seconds before plugging it back in.
- Next, reboot the console using the Xbox One button (but don’t hold it down this time). During the next boot sequence, see if you can see the animation logo. If you see it, it is confirmation that the power-down process was successful.
- After the next boot sequence, restart GTA Online and check if the error “Your profile cannot access GTA Online” has been resolved.
Deleting and re-entering your Xbox account
- Go to the main dashboard, press the Xbox button on your controller to open the navigation menu. Then select your active profile and select the “Logout” option.
- Once the account is logged out, it’s time to delete it. To do this, go back to the Settings menu and select the “Accounts” tab in the left-hand vertical menu. Then go to the right pane and select Delete Accounts from the list of available options under Account.
- On the next screen, select the account you want to delete and confirm the operation by clicking the Delete button.
- After successfully deleting an account, go back to the login page, add the account again and select the security settings.
- Wait until the process completes, then connect the controller and restart the game to see if the problem is fixed.
- Once you are in the game, start the online mode and see if the module loads without the “Your profile is not authorized to access GTA Online” error message.
Renewing your Gold Membership
- On the main Xbox control panel, click the Xbox button on your controller to open the Guide menu. After that, use the right trigger to select the “System” tab.
- Then select the “System” tab in the Settings menu and press A to open the menu.
- Once you get to the Xbox Settings menu, select the Account tab from the left vertical menu, then scroll to the right and select Subscriptions from the list of items under Account.
- On the next screen, you can see the expiration date of your Xbox Gold subscription. If your subscription has already expired, you will need to renew it if you want to use the online features of GTA Online and avoid the “Your profile does not have permission to access GTA Online” error.
Change your privacy settings to adults
- Open your Xbox 360 account and go to the default dashboard menu and make sure that you are logged in with the account that is causing the error message.
- Once you are logged in with the correct account, press the Xbox menu on the controller to access the Guide menu. From the “Guide” menu, go to the “Settings” menu and select “All Settings”.
- While in the “Settings” window, select “Account” from the vertical menu on the left, then scroll to the right and open the “Family” menu.
- While in the Family menu, select the account you are having trouble with.
- After selecting the account that is causing the error message, open the Internet Privacy and Security menu.
- While in the Privacy and Security menu for the account that is causing the problem, change the default to “Adult Defaults” and confirm it when prompted.
- After that, restart the console and see if you still get the same error message when you try to restart the game after the next console launch.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
Frequently Asked Questions
The first and most obvious explanation for this error message is that your PlayStation Plus or Xbox Live Gold subscription has expired, as you need an active subscription to play GTA Online.
Go to your settings, then all settings, then online privacy and security and make them the default settings for adults. Now go to content restrictions, click on content access and unlock content, then restart the game.
Try creating a Social Club account and see if that gives you a guideline. You can usually create an account in the game by clicking on the "Online Teams" tab in the pause menu. Otherwise: some people had problems, but it turned out that logging out and restarting the console, then logging in and going online fixed the problem.
If you are playing GTA 5 on your console (PS4 or Xbox) and cannot connect to GTA Online, it probably means that your game CD is corrupted or that there is a problem with the local game settings on your console. After starting another game we close it and try to restart GTA 5.