Updated September 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Error message: “The system cannot find the specified file” is a very common error for Windows users, especially for Windows 10, which usually indicates the error code 0x80070002. However, the code varies depending on the specification of the operating system, the type of error and other indicators.
Effective solutions are available in this article to help the system not find the file-dependent error. If you encounter the error “The system can’t find the specified file”, feel free to read this tutorial to find the appropriate solution.
In general, this is a very common error for Windows users, especially for Windows 10 users, which usually displays an error code 0x80070002. Some common reasons for this error are listed below:
- Missing driver file
- connection issue
- Unusual registry keys
- System files are missing or corrupted.
- The files required for the respective software are missing or corrupted.
- And so on…………….
Although the cause is clearly unknown, you can try the following solutions to solve your problem.
Uninstall the driver and reinstall it.
Alternatively, reinstall the driver if you download it from the manufacturer’s website and experience this problem.
- Go to the Device Manager.
- Expand the category and locate the device you want to uninstall. (Here, for example, we take the
- uninstallation of the video driver as an example.)
- Right-click on the device name and select Uninstall from the context menu.
- Windows will ask you to confirm the uninstallation. Check the box next to “Delete driver for this
- device”, then click on the “OK” button.
- After uninstalling the driver, reinstall it.
Check the system log file to find the problem driver file.
Follow these steps:
- Navigate to C:/Windows/inf.
- Open the inf folder and locate the file “setupapi.dev” (in some cases the file is “setupapi.dev.log”).
- Double-click on it to open the file.
- Simultaneously press the Ctrl and F keys to open the search field. The type does not find the file in
- the search field, then starts the search.
- The missing file will be found.
- save the file in Windows/inf.
- Reinstall the driver.
Install Windows Updates
If you have not updated Windows for a long time, the error “The system cannot find the specified file” is a sign that it is time to install all pending updates. To do this, you must do it:
- Press the Windows + I button and select Update and Security.
- Click on Check for updates and wait.
- When the list of available updates appears, install everything.
- Repeat the same process several times to ensure that all required updates are installed.
- Remember to reboot your system to complete the installation of updates.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.