Updated March 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Minecraft and Twitch are among the most popular sandbox video games and streaming platforms. However, if you use the Twitch client to install Minecraft, you may encounter the Twitch add-on installation error and the Minecraft installation error.
This error can occur due to a glitch in the Twitch client or incorrect twitch configuration for add-ons and Minecraft.
Running Twitch as an administrator
For security reasons, Windows has a policy that if an application that does not run as an administrator is not the main application, they cannot communicate with each other. This can prevent certain parts of the Twitch application from working as they should, such as Push to Talk (PTT) and in-game overlay.
If you are having problems, you may be running your game as the administrator, but not the Twitch application. The Twitch application must be running as an administrator for these features to work properly. It is relatively easy to fix this.
March 2023 Update:
You can now prevent PC problems by using this tool, such as protecting you against file loss and malware. Additionally it is a great way to optimize your computer for maximum performance. The program fixes common errors that might occur on Windows systems with ease - no need for hours of troubleshooting when you have the perfect solution at your fingertips:
- Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click “Start Scan” to find Windows registry issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click “Repair All” to fix all issues.
- In the Twitch application, click the ≡ icon, and then select File from the menu options.
- Then click the Settings option.
- This will open your settings options. Click on the General option.
- Scroll down to RUN TWITCH AS ADMINISTRATOR and make sure it is on (purple). Then restart the Twitch application.
Please note that not all games have overlays. Only currently supported games will have overlays. This list is constantly updated. It is therefore possible that the game is not currently supported, but may be supported in the future.
Uninstalling and Reinstalling Twitch
- Select Control Panel from the Windows Start menu.
- For Windows 7, under Programs, click Uninstall a program.
- Scroll down to Twitch and click the Uninstall/Edit button on the toolbar.
Increasing Java Memory Allocation
- Start the Twitch client.
- Go to File > Settings and open Minecraft.
- Go to Java Settings > Maximum Memory Allocation.
- Set it to 7500MB and click OK to save the changes.
- Then go back to File > Settings and open Addons.
- Set the backup space to 10MB.
- Save the changes and restart the Twitch client.
The add-on installation error may occur if the Twitch client is incorrectly configured. Several users reported that changing the size of the allocated memory and the backup settings of the addon helped them solve the problem.
Finding the Minecraft installation location that Twitch App uses
- Click on your profile icon in the upper right corner
- Select parameters
- Go to the Minecraft tab
- Note the trajectory of mining vehicles
- The default path is: C:User Name>>Documents\Machine Engineering\
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.