Updated February 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Countless players have embarked on Rare’s latest adventure, Sea of Thieves. The game has generated a lot of excitement over the past few months, leading many overzealous players to embark on the game without paying attention to the various prompts that appear when the software is first launched. The result is that many players reject a critical question that effectively disables the voice chat function in the game. Fortunately for chatty sailors, we know how to restore voice chat in the Sea of Thieves and how it should work.
Enabling Windows 10 Voice Chat in Sea of Thieves
To enable the voice communication feature on the Windows 10 platform, players must go to the privacy settings of the operating system. However, they must first close the Sea of Thieves completely.
They must then click on the Start button on the desktop and search for “Privacy” without the quotes. At the top of the results should be “Privacy Settings”, which the player should select.
Players should then select the “Microphone” option on the left side of the new window. Under “Let apps use my microphone”, the button should be set to “On”. Players will then have to activate it for the game by searching for the “Technical Alpha of the Sea of Thieves” from the applications and setting the switch to On.
This should enable voice chat on the Windows 10 version of Sea of Thieves.
Allow Sea of Thieves to Use Your Microphone in Windows 10 Privacy Settings
You must ensure that Sea of Thieves has permission to use your microphone in your Windows 10 privacy settings. Simply follow these steps to check your settings:
- When Sea of Thieves is open, close the game completely.
- Click on the Start button
- Enter “Privacy” without quotes
- Select “Privacy Settings” – this should be at the top of the resulting list
- Select “Microphone” on the left side of the new screen.
- Under “Let apps use my microphone”, make sure the switch is set to “On”.
- In the list of applications under this button, scroll down to find “Sea of Thieves Technical Alpha” and make sure the button is also set to On.
- Restart the Sea of Thieves and try talking to your crew.
Adjust your operating system’s microphone settings.
- Completely eliminate the risk of theft
- Press Start
- Click Settings (the gear button)
- Search in the privacy menu
- Under Permissions Apps, select Microphone
- Move the cursor under “Allow applications to access the microphone” to “On”.
Repair your Xbox One audio chat settings
As far as the console version of the game is concerned, there are many solutions you can try to solve this problem:
Reconnecting audio devices
This solution is as simple as it sounds. Simply disconnect and then reconnect the microphone, headset or Kinect.
For the Kinect, there is an option in the Settings menu called “Kinect Microphone for Chat” when connected to the console. It must be set to On to activate the microphone.
Adjusting Xbox One Microphone Permissions
- Go to Settings
- Select an account
- Choose online privacy and security
- Go to the Xbox Live Privacy page
- Select Communication and Multiplayer
- Choose the voice, the text, the invitations
- You must then choose the confidentiality of the application based on online privacy and security
- The microphone setting can now be adjusted
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.