Updated March 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Windows update errors are very familiar to Windows users, and when you try to install updates, you may receive several errors. One of the most common errors on Windows 10 computers is the 0x80070006 error. So, when you try to check for updates on Windows 10 computers, the computer asks for error 0x80070006 instead of checking for updates.
This message appears:
There were some problems installing updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80070006)
How to fix the Windows update error 0x80070006?
To fix the problem with the Windows update error 0x80070006, do the following. Check that the problem has been solved after each troubleshooting step. If the problem persists, you can continue the troubleshooting steps.
March 2023 Update:
You can now prevent PC problems by using this tool, such as protecting you against file loss and malware. Additionally it is a great way to optimize your computer for maximum performance. The program fixes common errors that might occur on Windows systems with ease - no need for hours of troubleshooting when you have the perfect solution at your fingertips:
- Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click “Start Scan” to find Windows registry issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click “Repair All” to fix all issues.
Run Windows Update troubleshooting
This method works most of the time and fixes the update error 0x80070006 without any complexity. It is very easy to perform Windows Update Troubleshooting, and here are the complete steps to do it.
1. Go to the Start menu and search for a troubleshooter and select Troubleshooting in the search results.
2. Click on Fix Windows update problems. It is located under the System and Security link.
3. The Windows Update Troubleshooting Wizard starts. Follow the instructions on the screen and click on Next. When the process is complete, try reinstalling the update. You will probably not receive the error 0x80070006.
Restore the Windows Update Service to the registry.
The main reason Windows Update Service is not included in the Windows 10 services list is the absence (or destruction) of the Windows Update registry key (wuauserv). To restore or repair the registry key of the “wuauserv” service, follow the instructions below:
1. Open the registry editor. To do that:
a. At the same time, press the Windows image + R keys to open the command box.
b. Type regedit and press Enter.
2. in the left pane, navigate to the next registry location and expand the Services key :
3. under the key “Services”, if you see the registration key “wuauserv”:
a. Right-click and select Export to save the key for security reasons.
b. Save the key on your desktop as “Win10UpdateOld.reg”.
c. Then right-click again on the “wuauserv” button and click on Delete.
4. close the registry editor.
Executing a Clean Boot
- Press Windows + R on your keyboard.
- Type msconfig in the Run dialog box and click OK.
- In the System Configuration window, click the Services tab, select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then uncheck All.
- Go to the Start tab, click Open Task Manager.
- Select each startup item, then click Disable.
- Exit the task manager.
- Restart your PC.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.