Updated January 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
If you encounter error 0x8024500C after updating Windows or trying to update applications in the Windows store, read on because this article will help you solve the problem. This type of Windows Update error indicates that the Windows Update service has been blocked.
Many users are reported with error code 0x8024500c when installing Windows 10 cumulative updates. In general, the stop code indicates that the associated Windows Update service has been blocked. Poorly configured system files are the main reason for this problem. In addition, incomplete installation/uninstallation, removal of corrupted basic programs/hardware and registry entries can also cause a Windows 0x8024500c update error. Once you are assigned, you may also experience problems downloading application updates from the Microsoft Store.
Check the status of all Windows update services.
You must check whether all services that support Windows Update are working or not.
The most important services that support Windows Update are,
- Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS).
- Optimization of delivery.
- Windows update.
- Windows Update Medic Service.
- You can check if these services are working properly.
- Start by searching for services in the Cortana search box.
- Select the appropriate result.
- Now make sure that Running is in their status for all the above services,
- If Running does not appear, right-click on the entry and click Start.
Download updates manually
The error 0x8024500C usually occurs due to a failed Windows update, especially cumulative and security updates. However, you can download and install them manually by visiting the official Microsoft website. First of all, you must find out which update has failed. Learn how to do it here.
- Simultaneously press the Windows and me button and select Update and Security from the Application Settings interface.
- On the next page, go to the right and click on the option Show update history.
- Feature updates do not generate error code 0x8024500C, so you should check for quality updates and find the KB number that has not been installed.
- Then, access the Microsoft Download Center and use its search to get the cumulative update version.
- Once you have received it, download it and install it as well.
Run the Store application and Windows Update troubleshooting
If the error code 0x8024500c is caused by a fairly common malfunction already known to Microsoft, your Windows 10 installation may be able to solve the problem automatically – just start the automatic repair.
Windows 10 has two special problem solvers (for Windows Update and Windows Store) that can search for inconsistencies and automatically apply a series of repair strategies that can solve the problem with minimal effort.
Several users concerned confirmed that they were able to fix the 0x8024500c error by running either Windows Update Troubleshooter or Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.