Updated September 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
One of the most used browsers for its versatility and modernity is Google Chrome, which gives us a number of usability features, one of which is the ability to access the most visited websites much faster with thumbnails each time we open a new tab in Google Chrome.
By default, you will see 8 thumbnails of your most visited websites. This may or may not be useful, depending on the situation.
The problem is that you cannot delete these thumbnails with any Chrome option. Today, we will therefore give you some advice on how to remove these thumbnails from your browser.
How to hide the most visited pages on chrome
It is not very practical to hide the most visited pages on a new tab because in the new versions of Chrome, some settings have been disabled that prevent the user from doing so. So there are two options for the user; you can either disable the algorithm that displays these pages or use an extension. Both methods are listed below.
- Enter chrome://flags/ into the address bar
- Look for the Enable Instant Extended API Enabled option.
- Set it to Disabled
- Restart Chrome
You may need to click on the’x’ to the right of the thumbnails in the cache to get rid of them.
To disable Google Chrome’s “Most visited” landing page (until you want it back)
Enter the Chrome extension New Redirection tab. Install it, activate it and select “Options”. Now you can either create a custom start URL, or simply type “about:blank” as the URL so that new tabs can load a blank page.
How can I remove thumbnails from the new Chrome tab?
Let’s discuss the following options and you can try the one that suits you.
- Remove Favicon shortcuts[Version 69 or later].
- Recovery of deleted shortcuts[version 69 and following].
- Add user-defined key combinations[version 69 or later].
- Delete individual thumbnails[for version 68 or lower].
- Delete the complete history[All versions].
- Change the settings on the[All Versions] homepage.
- Open new tab[All versions] completely empty
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.