Updated March 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Over time, it has become increasingly obvious that Microsoft is trying to make local accounts a thing of the past and to force all new Windows 10 users to have a Microsoft account.
Previously, when setting up a new Windows 10 computer, users could choose to create a Local Account (offline account) or a Microsoft account.
Local Account vs. Microsoft Account
Starting with Windows 8, Microsoft has tried to get users to log on to Windows with a Microsoft account. Some features in Windows 8 and Windows 10 require access to the Microsoft cloud, so you need to authenticate with a Microsoft account. Most notable is Microsoft’s OneDrive cloud storage, which can only be used on a Windows machine if you have logged in with a Microsoft account. You also need a Microsoft account if you want to install Windows Store applications.
Windows 10 synchronizes various settings with the cloud, such as installed applications, home screen and appearance configurations, Internet Explorer settings (favorites, history, etc.), and some other configurations. For a complete list, simply type “sync” in the Start menu or home screen. You can also access the sync settings in the PC settings (OneDrive > Sync Settings), accessible directly from the Start menu. The Setup menu allows you to decide what information Windows 10 synchronizes with the cloud.
March 2023 Update:
You can now prevent PC problems by using this tool, such as protecting you against file loss and malware. Additionally it is a great way to optimize your computer for maximum performance. The program fixes common errors that might occur on Windows systems with ease - no need for hours of troubleshooting when you have the perfect solution at your fingertips:
- Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click “Start Scan” to find Windows registry issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click “Repair All” to fix all issues.
It’s too bad Microsoft hasn’t decided to postpone Windows 10 version 2004 until working from home is more enjoyable, but those are the brakes. Shorten your clickable finger, avoid the bright siren call of the new version, and you’ll be relatively stable for the coming months.
To Install Windows 10 Version 2004 with a Local Account
- Simply disconnect your device from the Internet. Turn off Wi-Fi, unplug the Ethernet connector.
- This will trigger a wizard in the OOBE to create a local account.
- Another trick is to enter an incorrect phone number several times so that Windows 10 automatically switches to “Create a local account” mode.
- Another possibility is to enter an invalid email address, such as [email protected] This also serves its purpose.
- Finally, you can create a local account AFTER installing Windows 10 version 2004 and then remove the Microsoft account from the operating system.
Whichever method you choose, Windows 10 is installed with a local account.
This change in the installation program is very unpleasant. I hope it’s just a bug in the installer that will be fixed before the 1909 version reaches the industry.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.