Updated March 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
You can lock your Windows PC if you are not using it but do not want to log out. This way, your running applications remain open. Sometimes you also need to quickly lock down your Windows 8 computer, in case someone comes and you don’t want them to know what you did.
There are several ways to quickly lock Windows 8. Review the message and see which method is best for you.
To lock Windows 8
March 2023 Update:
You can now prevent PC problems by using this tool, such as protecting you against file loss and malware. Additionally it is a great way to optimize your computer for maximum performance. The program fixes common errors that might occur on Windows systems with ease - no need for hours of troubleshooting when you have the perfect solution at your fingertips:
- Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click “Start Scan” to find Windows registry issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click “Repair All” to fix all issues.
1] Press key combination WinKey+L. Your computer will be locked and you will need to re-enter your password to log in.
2] Press Ctrl+Alt+Alt+Del and select Lock.
3] Go to Windows 8 Startup and click on the image or tile of your user. Select Lock.
(4) Create a shortcut on your desktop to lock and secure your computer. To do this, right-click the desktop > New > Shortcut
In the Location
Lock Computer. Click Finish. Then select an appropriate icon for it.
NOTE at #4, paragraph 12: Please read Anonymous’ comment below.
Apropos Shortcuts – our free software that allows you to create tons of shortcuts in one click.
You can also read these articles :
- Stop, restart, logout, pause shortcuts
- Freeware to repair or delete broken Windows shortcuts
- Create desktop shortcut to change user account
- Desktop shortcut to disable, enable Windows firewall.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here