Updated March 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
So many great movies and TV shows have premiered lately, and with everyone and their dog wanting to talk about everything, it has become harder than ever to avoid spoilers.
Sometimes it seems like you can avoid Twitter altogether until you have a chance to see what everyone is talking about.
Fortunately, Twitter gives us a solution: Mute.
Twitter allows you to select certain key words and phrases that you don’t want to see in a tweet. For example, if you’re afraid of being spoiled on “Game of Thrones”, just jump to your settings, mute a few phrases like “Game of Thrones”, “#GameOfThrones” or even names like “Daenerys” and “Bran”.
In no time at all, tweets containing these words will disappear from your calendar and notifications. You can still access the tweets if someone gives you the direct link, but it won’t appear otherwise.
Overview of how to mute words, phrases, usernames, emoticons and hashtags:
- Muting is not case sensitive. For example: If you add “CATS” to your mute list, any mention of “chats” in your notifications will be muted.
- Muting allows you to insert punctuation marks in a word or phrase. Punctuation at the end of a word or phrase is not required.
- Muting a word will mute both the word itself and its hashtag. For example:
- If you mute “Unicorn”, both “Unicorn” and “#Unicorn” in your notifications will be muted.
- To mute tweet notifications, tweets in the house timeline, or replies to tweets that mention a specific account, you must insert the @ sign before the name. This will mute tweet notifications that mention that account, but will not mute the account itself.
- Words, phrases, usernames, emoticons and hashtags can be muted up to a maximum number of characters.
- Muting is possible in all languages supported by Twitter.
- Muting is set to the default Forever time. Instructions for setting the mute time are shown below for supported devices.
- You can view (and disable) a list of your muted words in your preferences.
- Recommendations sent to you via email or Twitter will not suggest content that includes your muted words and hashtags.
March 2023 Update:
You can now prevent PC problems by using this tool, such as protecting you against file loss and malware. Additionally it is a great way to optimize your computer for maximum performance. The program fixes common errors that might occur on Windows systems with ease - no need for hours of troubleshooting when you have the perfect solution at your fingertips:
- Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click “Start Scan” to find Windows registry issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click “Repair All” to fix all issues.
How do I mute words on Twitter?
You can mute words and phrases on Twitter if you don’t want to see tweets containing specific words. Learn how to mute words on Twitter from the web.
- Open twitter.com in your web browser
- Click on “More” in the left pane.
- Select “Settings and Privacy”.
- Click on “Content Preferences”.
- Click “Mute” under the “Security” tab.
- Click on “Silent Words”.
- Click on the “+” symbol at the top of the page.
- Enter the keyword or phrase you want to block on Twitter.
- Choose whether you want to disable notification only or also from the calendar.
- Select the person whose tweets you want to disable.
- Select the length of time you want to mute and click Save.
You can block multiple words at once by clicking the “+” symbol in the mute window. To unmute a word or phrase, click the “Mute” icon next to the keyword and click “Unmute”.
How to Disable Twitter Hashtags and keywords for Android
- Navigate through the settings
- Launch the Twitter application and open the overflow menu by tapping on your avatar in the upper left corner or by dragging it from the right side to the inside. Then select Settings and Privacy. Then select Privacy and Security, scroll to the bottom of the list and tap Mute Words.
- Mute words
- Now that you are in the Mute Words menu, you can select the floating action button to add a word, phrase or hashtag to your list of muted items. You can also mute any item in your calendar and notifications and decide how long you want to mute the word or phrase for.
If you absolutely can’t trust yourself or Twitter when it comes to spoiling a show, movie or topic, you can simply delete or temporarily disable your Twitter account.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.