Updated March 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
The command prompt can’t work like an Internet browser, and you can’t really open a command line website without running a browser, but it does have some useful tools. One of these tools is the ping command, which allows you to test access and communication speed to an online server without the influence of browser add-ons, scripts or cache. If you’re already working at the command prompt, you can also open a website directly in Internet Explorer or Firefox by using the command prompt.
Opening Chrome from the Command Line
- First open the command prompt by typing “Command” in the Windows 10 search bar, and then select “Command Prompt” from the search results.
- At the command prompt, run the following command: start chrome
- The chrome will now open. You can do the same from the “Run” window.
- Open the Run window by typing “Run” in the Windows 10 search bar and selecting the Run application.
- Type Chrome and select the OK button.
- The web browser will then open.
Open Firefox from the Command Prompt
Command line options are used to set various startup options for Mozilla applications. For example, if you have multiple profiles, you can use the command line configuration options to bypass the Profile Manager and open a specific profile. You can also control how Mozilla applications are opened, which components are opened initially, and what the components do when they are opened. This page describes commonly used options and how to use them. You can open the command line interface by pressing Shift + F2.
March 2023 Update:
You can now prevent PC problems by using this tool, such as protecting you against file loss and malware. Additionally it is a great way to optimize your computer for maximum performance. The program fixes common errors that might occur on Windows systems with ease - no need for hours of troubleshooting when you have the perfect solution at your fingertips:
- Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click “Start Scan” to find Windows registry issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click “Repair All” to fix all issues.
Step 1: Open a command prompt window in Windows 10
Step 2: Type “Start firefox -safe-mode” and press Enter.
Step 3: Click the “Start in safe mode” button.
Now you know how to use the command line to open Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox and perform related tasks. The most important thing about the command prompt is that it allows you to perform almost any task easily and efficiently. In this guide, you’ve seen how to open Chrome or Firefox using the command prompt and Windows PowerShell.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.