Updated February 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Netflix stores where you are in a show or movie. So if you stop and return, you can pick up where you left off. It’s a great feature, but it’s also a curse. Sometimes you need to know how to remove from Netflix the items that “continue watching”.
You may be using a friend or family member’s Netflix account, or you may have seen something you don’t want your partner to see. Sometimes you try a new show, don’t like it, and don’t want Netflix to recommend it. It’s also possible that you finished the movie or show, but stopped at the end of the credits.
Whatever the reason, we’ll explain how to get rid of “continue watching” on Netflix.
How do I get rid of “keep watching” on Netflix?
Manage your Netflix Viewing History
To access the display history on Netflix, follow these steps
- Click on the name of the active profile in the upper right corner of the screen and select Account from the menu.
- On the page that opens, scroll down to the “My Profile” section and click on the “View Activity” link.
- This will open the profile viewing history, which lists all the shows and movies you’ve watched in chronological order, starting with the most recent. The list makes no difference between videos you’ve watched from start to finish and those you haven’t finished watching.
To remove a show or movie from the resume viewing list, first search for it on the page. If you are using a web browser and are having trouble finding the show or movie, press Ctrl-F to open the search on the page, and use the search function to find the item.
Click the x icon next to the item to remove it from your viewing history. If the item consists of several parts, which is the case if the item is part of a season, for example, you will be prompted to remove the entire series from your activity. This is useful if multiple items appear in the “Continue to monitor” list or other areas of Netflix.
Note: If you remove an item from your viewing history, it will be removed from the history of all devices you use to access Netflix. This can affect Netflix recommendations. Netflix also indicates that it may take up to 24 hours to remove an item from the view.
In general, it takes less than 24 hours to remove an item from exposure history. When this happens, the item is also removed from the list for further viewing.
How to delete items from ‘Continue Watching’ on Netflix for Mobile
- Make sure you are on the right profile
- If you are not in your own profile, go to the More menu.
- Open the More menu and select Account to open it in your web browser.
- Scroll down the page and you will see the viewing activity – click on it.
- you will see a list of shows you have watched – click X to remove them
- Next to each show or movie name, you will see a circle crossed by a continuous line. Select it to highlight the ones you want to hide in the “Continue Watching” list.
- If you don’t want a show to appear in the “continue watching” list, click “Delete Series”.
- When you hide an episode of a TV series, you will also see a link that allows you to hide an entire series. To hide all the items in the list, scroll down and click “Hide All”.
- Note: Removing the link can take up to 24 hours on all platforms, including your phone.
- Back to your home page
- The “Continue Watching” list should no longer show the series or movie you deleted.
History viewing is an option available on almost any platform or website. Even by searching in Google Chrome, you can check the history so far. This helps us to search all the content and is also very useful to find your clock history. However, if you have any concerns, and your friends do too, please share this article with your friends about removing Netflix monitoring.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.