Updated October 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Critical Chrome update is a scam that displays fake warnings about the browser or necessary system updates. In this way, users are tricked into installing other potentially dangerous programs on their computer. If you are constantly being redirected and such pop-ups keep appearing on your screen, it is recommended to check your computer for Chrome viruses, a potentially unwanted program that can run unnoticed on your system.
Keep in mind that Critical Chrome Update virus is completely malicious because it can appear on your screen after clicking on any Traffic Junky ads. This ad-supported network is known to provide advertising content to adult-only Web sites. As a result, visitors to these domains fell victim to the KovCoreG malware attack, which spreads the Kovter virus to victims’ computers. Thus, the installation of serious malware could also be the result of persistent warnings about suspected updates.
Chrome Update Critical Scam is an attack or social engineering campaign based on scam tactics with technical support. Unfortunately, such messages and various warnings can lead to the installation of unnecessary tools, apps and programs.
However, scam attempts such as Critical Chrome Update Virus mostly deliver messages and redirects them as hosts to questionable or even malicious domains:
These pop-ups may also contain messages with phone numbers claiming that victims are contacting technical support. However, they are fake and official tech support does not send such messages, especially encouraging calls to dubious numbers. Consequently, remove Critical Chrome Update Virus without interacting with the given number or calling them or contacting anyone else behind the threat.
Here’s how to avoid a fake Google Chrome installer
Install and use one of the best anti-virus software to detect and block vulnerable malware so you don’t fall victim to this attack. (According to VirusTotal’s malware detection index, only a few antivirus brands can easily detect it at this point.)
You can also use Mozilla Firefox exclusively for the next few days until most antivirus companies catch the threat and block it. Since Microsoft Edge now shares its bases with Chrome, we should avoid it out of caution.
Most importantly, you do NOT install any content from any website that informs you that you need to update your Google Chrome browser. Chrome doesn’t work that way-it updates invisibly, and you rarely need to do anything if you’ve already installed it.
Tips and tricks
- Scan for Malware – It’s worth running Malwarebytes every few months to check for nasty stuff. They have a free version that works well
- Identity Protection – If you’re concerned about identity fraud and want to protect your identity, contact CIFAS.
- Still unsure? – Join Reassura on 0800 888 6400 and one of our fraud counselors will help you stay safe.
- To report fraud and get a police reference number, call Action Fraud on 0300123 2040 or use the online fraud reporting tool.
How to safely update Google Chrome
It’s important to ignore random websites offering Google Chrome updates.
Reviewing your Google Chrome settings is the best way to update your browser.
- Open Google Chrome on your computer and learn more in the upper right corner.
- When an update is pending, the icon will be green, orange or red depending on the date of publication.
- Click “More,” then click “Update Google Chrome.”
- If there’s no button, it means you’re already using the latest version.
- Then click “Reload” to forcibly restart your browser with the latest version of the software installed.
- Your tabs and windows will reopen after restarting Chrome if you weren’t in incognito mode.
You need to update Google Chrome regularly to protect your system from the latest cyber threats.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.