Last Updated on March 15, 2022
Updated September 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Some Disney+ subscribers report seeing an error code 39 when trying to watch the streaming service. There is evidence that this error occurs on several devices, including PCs, AppleTV, Nvidia Shield, Android, and iOS.
There are several possible causes for this Disney+ error code, see below.
What causes Disney+ error code 39?
Disney Plus error code 39 usually indicates a rights management problem that prevents Disney servers from playing the requested video. There are cases where there’s nothing you can do about it, and if Disney can’t play the content at all or not for users in your area, there’s not much you can do.
If the problem is caused by a malfunction on your end, which is often the case, this error code can usually be fixed by switching to a different streaming device, using a different TV, switching to a different HDMI port, or using a different HDMI cable.
How do I fix error code 39 in the Disney+ app?
Update the Disney app
- Go to the App Store or Google Play (depending on your device’s operating system).
- Select the “Update” tab.
- Click “Update” if there is an update.
- Reboot your device.
- Reading Summary.
Editing your account information
- Tap the profile icon
- Select an account
- You can change both your password and, more importantly, your email address.
- For maximum security, change both options.
- Click “Save Changes” and exit the page.
Check your Internet connection
- In your browser, go to speedtest.net
- Wait 10 seconds for the analysis to complete.
- If your connection speed is below 5 Mbps, restart your router.
- Alternatively, contact your Internet Service Provider.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
Frequently Asked Questions
Unfortunately, a weak Internet connection can make Disney Plus think there's a problem with your device, which causes an error code 39.
Disney Plus error code 39 usually indicates a rights management issue that prevents Disney servers from playing the requested video. In some cases, there's nothing you can do about it, and if Disney can't play the content at all or can't play it for users in your area, there's not much you can do.
- Go to the App Store or Google Play (depending on your device's operating system).
- Select the "Update" tab.
- Click "Update" if there is an update.
- Reboot your device.
- Resume playback.