Updated March 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
If you try to decompress a large cabinet file, and it is almost finished, you may receive an error message that says exactly this:
1 Interrupted Action
An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file.
Error 0x0004005: Unspecified Error
There are two types of errors 0x0004005 on Windows. One of them was an inheritance issue with a defective update in 2015, and the other is associated with copying or decompressing a file. The first is related to the presence of one or more incorrect update files, and Microsoft has fixed it by publishing a fixed update. So if you are concerned about fixing update errors 0x0004005, just download an updated ISO and install from there. But if you find a file copy error 0x0004005 in Windows, we will send it now.
March 2023 Update:
You can now prevent PC problems by using this tool, such as protecting you against file loss and malware. Additionally it is a great way to optimize your computer for maximum performance. The program fixes common errors that might occur on Windows systems with ease - no need for hours of troubleshooting when you have the perfect solution at your fingertips:
- Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click “Start Scan” to find Windows registry issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click “Repair All” to fix all issues.
How to fix 0x800040000005 File copy error in Windows
Using Registry Editor
Open regedit and search for it:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Configuration\Progress status\SysprepStatus\Cleaning status\Progress status
Set value: 2
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Configuration\Status\SysprepStatus\Status of generalization\Status
Set value: 7
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\LOCAL_MACHINE\LE SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\Current version\Software protection platform\SkipRearm
Set value: 1
Then execute the order:
msdtc – uninstall (wait a few seconds)
msdtc -install (wait a few seconds)
Then restart the system and try running sysprep again.
Checking user permissions
If you see an error 0x0004005 when moving or deleting files, it is usually a user permission issue. Even if you use your computer as an administrator, this is not always enough. This means that we must take responsibility for the file.
- Right-click on the file or folder and select Properties.
- Go to the Security tab and click on Advanced.
- Highlight your user account at the top of the window and click Edit.
- Select your user account again and the boxes at the bottom should now be selectable. Select the check box next to Total Control and click OK.
- Repeat the file you want to move or delete.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.