Updated December 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
Figuring out what the file system error -805305975 is? You might not even be able to start your computer after the error message appears.
This error usually occurs when the NTFS file system on your hard drive has failed or malfunctioned. This error also usually occurs when opening photos. In some rare cases, this error may occur with file types such as music and video files.
What causes file system errors (-805305975)?
This error is usually caused by software problems in the operating system or by a hardware failure of the hard drive where the file is stored. Typically, the current file system error occurs when users try to view images. In some rare cases, the error may also occur with other file types, such as videos and music files.
How to fix the file system error (-805305975)?
Reset Windows to factory settings
- Open the Settings window and go to the Update and Security section.
- Select the Restore option in the left pane, and then click the Start button in the Reset This PC section on the right side of the window.
- In the next window, select the option that fits your needs.
- Click the Next button in that window.
- After clicking the Reset button, the program will automatically restart.
Install the latest version of Windows Update
- Open settings by pressing the Windows and I keys, then go to the Update and Security tab.
- Check the status of Windows Update on the right side of the next window.
- If updates are available, go to the official Microsoft website to download and install the latest version of Windows.
- After that, reopen the pictures and see if the error has been fixed.
Restart your computer
- Open the Run window by pressing the Windows and R keys, then type MSConfig and press Enter.
- In the next window, click the Services tab and uncheck Hide all Microsoft services.
- Then click Disable All and OK to continue.
- When the next window appears, click Restart to confirm the operation.
- Your computer will now boot properly.
- Then check to see if the file system error -805305975 is displayed.
- If it doesn’t, it indicates that recently installed applications are the main cause. If this is the case, you can remove them.
Resetting the Photos app
- Open Settings, then click on Applications on the main menu.
- Go to the right side of the next window, then scroll down to find Microsoft Photos.
- Click on it to expand, then click on Advanced Settings.
- In the window that appears, click on the Reset option.
- You will then receive a warning message.
- After confirming the contents, click Reset to begin the process.
- Restart your computer, and then check if the error has been fixed by opening the files that caused the file system error (-805305975).
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
Frequently Asked Questions
The file system error (-805305975) usually occurs when you try to open a file with a different format using Windows 10 Photo application viewer. Most likely, the error code 805305975 is caused by software problems of the operating system where the file is stored.
- Run the chkdsk command.
- Check the entire system for viruses or malware.
- Try performing a DISM scan.
- Use a system file checker.
- Set the default Windows 10 theme.
- Change the sound scheme of your computer.
- Reset the Windows Store cache.
- Run a Windows update.
File system errors are essentially hard drive-related errors that can be caused by corrupted files, bad sectors, hard drive integrity issues, file execution policies, etc. These errors can prevent you from accessing your computer. These errors can prevent you from accessing or opening files. They can appear in files such as PDFs, images, documents, movies, etc.