Updated May 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Have you installed the latest version of the Windows 10 operating system to see how it works? Unfortunately, some users have had problems with the Ndu.sys bug while traveling. This is certainly one of the most common and not so simple errors you can get in Windows 10.
Common Ndu.sys Error Messages
The majority of Ndu.sys errors you encounter are “Blue Screen of Death” errors (also known as “BSOD” or “STOP” errors) that occur in Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10:
- “A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. The problem seems to be caused by the following file: Ndu.sys.”
- “:( Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some info, and then we’ll restart for you. If you would like to know more, you can search online later for this error: Ndu.sys.”
- “STOP 0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_EQUAL – Ndu.sys”
- “STOP 0x0000001E: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED – Ndu.sys”
- “STOP 0×00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA – Ndu.sys”
In most cases, Ndu.sys blue screen errors occur after installing new hardware or software. These Ndu.sys blue screens may appear during program installation, when running Ndu.sys-related software (for example Windows 8 Pro), when loading a Microsoft driver, or when starting or stopping Windows. Tracking when and where your STOP error occurs is important information for troubleshooting the problem.
Updating Network Adapters
a. Press the Windows + X key and click Device Manager.
b. Expand the network and adapter.
c. Right-click Ethernet Connection and click Update Driver Software.
d. Restart the computer and check.
May 2023 Update:
You can now prevent PC problems by using this tool, such as protecting you against file loss and malware. Additionally it is a great way to optimize your computer for maximum performance. The program fixes common errors that might occur on Windows systems with ease - no need for hours of troubleshooting when you have the perfect solution at your fingertips:
- Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click “Start Scan” to find Windows registry issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click “Repair All” to fix all issues.
You can also download the latest drivers from the manufacturer’s website and update them.
Performing an SFC Scan
The “sfc /scannow” command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with the correct Microsoft versions.
a. Press the Windows + X key and click the command prompt (Admin)
b. In the command prompt window, type the following command, then press Enter
d) Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the scan.
Rename the Ndu.sys Folder to Fix the BSOD Error
- Open the “My Computer” icon by double-clicking it or by going to the “Start” menu and left-clicking it.
- Double-click the icon to enter the C:/ partition or the partition where you installed the Windows 10 Technical Overview.
- Double-click the Windows folder to open it.
- Now locate the System32 file in the Windows folder and double-click it to open it.
- Now go to the System32 folder, locate the drivers folder, and double-click it to open it.
- After reaching the Drivers folder, you should look for the Ndu.sys file.
- Right-click the Ndu.sys file and left-click or press the Rename function in the menu that opens.
- Rename Ndu.sys to Ndu.sys11 or whatever you want, but change the name and remember it.
- Note: If you can’t change the file name, you will need to log in with your administrator account or simply change the permissions you have for that particular file to “Administrator”.
- Re-open the C: partition where you installed Windows 10.
- This time, look in partition C: for the Windows.old folder, because this should be the old Windows operating system you updated.
- Re-open the System32 folder that you have in the Windows.old folder.
- Now locate the driver folder and open it by double-clicking on it.
- In the driver folder, look for the file Ndu.sys.
- Right-click on it and select the Copy option.
- Now paste it into the Windows 10 driver folder.
- Close any open windows.
- Restart your Windows 10 computer.
- Check if you still have the same blue death screen with the Ndu.sys error, but I’m sure you won’t have any problems from now on.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.