Updated March 2024: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Although Microsoft has made Internet Explorer obsolete with the release of Windows 10 and introduced the brand new browser called Microsoft Edge, some people still tend to use Internet Explorer for business or other reasons. Microsoft Edge is designed for the modern web, for the modern use of websites that make with new technologies, APIs and more. But some websites that work on an intranet network or even on the World Wide Web still work on older web standards, which is why modern browsers sometimes have difficulty making these web pages look good. That’s why Microsoft still delivers Internet Explorer 11 with Windows 10 and some people still use it.
One of the problems that some Internet Explorer users sometimes face is that you cannot hear sounds when a media file is played in Internet Explorer. This happens while the sounds of other browsers and other programs such as media players are being played perfectly.
Checking the settings of the control panel
If this does not work, we try the following steps to see if it will solve the problem:
- Open your Control Panel
- The easiest way to open the Control Panel is to click on “Start”, then on “Control Panel”.
- Open Internet Options
- Double-click on Internet Options to open this section of the Control Panel.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- The Advanced tab is usually located on the far right of the Internet Options screen.
- Scroll down to Multimedia
- Scroll through the options until the Multimedia section is displayed.
- Click here to activate the “Play sounds in web pages” option. This will activate all the sounds of your Internet browser.
- Accept the settings and click OK.
Enable sound in Internet Explorer settings
- First, make sure that the Play sounds in web pages option is enabled in the Internet Explorer multimedia settings.
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the equipment icon at the top right of your screen, then click on Internet Options in the drop-down menu.
- On the Internet Options screen, open the Advanced tab, scroll down to the Multimedia section, and make sure the Play Sounds in Web Pages option is selected.
Delete Flash Player settings
- Press the Windows + X button, then select Control Panel.
- From the View From drop-down list, select Small icons.
- Click on Flash Player (32 bits) to open the settings.
- Go to the Advanced tab and under Data and Navigation Settings, click Remove All.
Disable problematic add-ons for IE.
You can also disable add-ons that cause sound problems in IE. To do this, go to Tools in IE and click Manage Add-ons. From there, you can enable or disable the extensions to check who is the culprit.
If none of the above methods solve the problem, watch a YouTube video in another web browser. If you use Google Chrome, try YouTube on Mozilla Firefox or Opera, etc. If you have other solutions to this problem that are not included in our guide, please let us know by leaving a comment in the lower section.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.