Updated December 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
If you don’t know where to get or face this HP PrinterÂ Error 79 code problem on your device or a new printer, then today you definitely need to check and read this blog below once carefully to understand the best and simple and easy steps and methods and solution guide to get back from this error problem forever.
This is a common error that shows up on new devices. This ‘Service Error 79‘ problem is caused by corrupt print jobs. This error problem mostly occurs on your printing device.
What is the cause of the HP Service Error 79?
- Your machine’s firmware may be out of date.
- The network signals for your device may be blocked.
- This error may be due to a faulty cable connection.
- Your printer hardware, such as DIMMs and the motherboard, may be damaged.
- If the file you are printing is very large, the error code will be annoying.
- If you turn the machine on and off several times, this can cause service error 79.
- The page you are printing may have come from an unauthorized Web site or link.
How to resolve the HP `79 service error`?
Reinstall the drivers
- Type Control Panel in the Windows search bar and open Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and uninstall all HP printing software.
- Right-click on Start and open Device Manager.
- Under Printer Queues, uninstall the HP device by uninstalling it.
- Restart your computer and wait for the driver to install automatically.
- Reinstall the appropriate HP software and hopefully, that will solve the problem.
Another possible step is to completely remove the printing device from the computer and reinstall it. This will require you to uninstall the HP drivers and associated software, which should be no problem.
Turning the device off
If your HP printer displays this type of error 79, it is probably an internal firmware error.
- Turn the printer off.
- Wait at least 30 seconds.
- Turn the power back on.
- Wait for the printer to reboot.
If error 79 is still displayed on the printer screen, disconnect all network or USB cables and turn the printer off and on again. When the printer returns to standby mode, check the firmware version and update it if a newer version is available.
Reinstalling the DIMM memory module
Remove or replace the DIMM module:
- Remove all installed DIMMS modules.
- Perform a new test with the HP printer.
- If the print result is correct, install a DIMM that your printer supports.
Remove the DIMM module and reinstall it:
- Turn off the printer.
- Then remove the DIMM module.
- Reinstall the DIMM to make sure it is properly installed in the printer.
- Turn on the HP printer.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
Frequently Asked Questions
- Select Tools or Web Services.
- Click Printer Updates or Product Updates, and then click Check Now.
- All firmware updates are automatically downloaded and installed on the printer.
- Make sure that the printer is connected to your computer and turned on.
- Log in to the computer under an administrator account.
- Download the latest firmware update file for your printer model from the manufacturer's website.
- Double-click the firmware file to begin the installation.
The printer has three DIMM (Dual In-Line Memory Module) slots for upgrading: more printer memory. DIMMs are available in 4, 8, 16, and 32MB, with a maximum capacity of 100MB. Unlike standard printer memory, Flash DIMMs can be used to permanently store downloaded items in the printer, even when the printer is turned off.
Service error 79 on HP printers indicates that the print job is corrupt or that the printer firmware has not been updated. As a result, the spooler cannot communicate with the printer.