Updated November 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
If you want to connect your USB device to an HDTV or other device that accepts HDMI inputs, you need to purchase a video conversion adapter. USB to HDMI adapters are useful when you need to organize business presentations and meetings and want to use an HDMI compatible device. The quality of the devices ranges from 780p to 1080p.
The higher the resolution, the better the image quality. However, the receiving device must support high definition in order for the adapter to provide 1080p resolution.
If you find that the USB to HDMI adapter is not working, don’t panic – this problem is not just for you. This is usually not that hard to solve. Just follow this guide and see if it helps you fix the problem.
Check your operating system version
Some users may forget to check if their operating systems are compatible with the new adapters they purchased. If this is your case, the first thing to do is find out what version of the operating system you have.
For Windows operating system:
1) Press the Windows logo key and R on your keyboard at the same time to open the Run dialog box. Enter msinfo32 and click OK.
2) The “System Information” window opens here. Click System Overview in the left pane and you will see basic information about your PC on the right. Pay attention to the item “OS Name”, which indicates the version of your system. For example, this is a screenshot of Windows 10 Pro.
Rollback Windows 10 Build Update
- Open the search box by clicking Type here to search in the notification area.
- Then enter updates in the search box.
- Click Check for Updates to open the settings as shown in the image below.
- You can rollback a Windows 10 build update within 10 days after the update. Under the heading Go back to a previous version of Windows 10, click the Start button.
- Then follow the instructions to reset the platform.
Some users have reported that their USB to HDMI adapters stopped working after Windows 10 updates. How to roll back the latest build update to Windows 10
Check hardware changes
- Right-click the Windows 10 Start button to select Device Manager from the Win + X menu.
- Select your computer in Device Manager at the top.
- Click Action to open this menu.
- Select the Check for hardware changes option.
- After scanning, try using a USB to HDMI adapter.
Windows may detect the connected USB to HDMI adapter after checking for hardware changes.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.