Updated March 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Windows 7, 8 and 10 have a feature called Attachment Manager that protects your computer from dangerous files that you can download from the Internet. But what if you can’t download a file that you know is safe? Learn how to bypass the message “Viral scan failed” or “virus detected”.
The antivirus software unexpectedly failed when scanning a file you downloaded. As a result, the file you downloaded has been deleted from the Windows Attachment Manager.
This error occurs when Google Chrome is unable to search for the security certificate for a download from its publisher and Chrome simply cannot analyze the program or file. This happens because of viruses or malware on your computer that can be adware, browser viruses or hackers.
Possible reasons for the error “Viral analysis failure”.
- Malware – If your computer is infected with malware, the download may fail. Therefore, a complete analysis of your system is necessary.
- Antivirus software malfunction
- Disable and antivirus and try again
- Damaged registry settings
- Type Windows key+E to open Windows Explorer.
- In the Windows Explorer window that appears, type the following in the address bar: exe
- In the command prompt window that opens, type : regsvr32 urlmon.dll
- Click on Start and type msconfig.
- Select System configuration in the search results.
- In the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then tap or click Disable all.
- On the Start tab of the System Configuration dialog box, press or click Open Task Manager.
- In the Task Manager’s Start tab, select the item for each start item and click Disable.
March 2023 Update:
You can now prevent PC problems by using this tool, such as protecting you against file loss and malware. Additionally it is a great way to optimize your computer for maximum performance. The program fixes common errors that might occur on Windows systems with ease - no need for hours of troubleshooting when you have the perfect solution at your fingertips:
- Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click “Start Scan” to find Windows registry issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click “Repair All” to fix all issues.
Perform a clean boot to determine if a third-party service is causing this problem:
Once the troubleshooting is complete, follow these steps to return to normal start-up.
a) Press Windows + R on the keyboard.
b) In the Run window, type MSCONFIG and click on Ok.
c) In the General tab, click on the Normal start option, then click on OK.
d) When prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.
Creating an exception in Windows Defender
The following steps will guide you through the configuration of an exception in the Windows Defender software.
You should only do this if you are very sure that the downloaded file is secure and comes from a reliable source.
Open the Windows Defender Security Center and click on the anti-virus and anti-threat shield. Scroll down a little and click Analyze History. The following window opens.
If you see a file in the Quarantine Threats section, identify and add the file you just uploaded to the exception list by selecting Allow.
Now try to download the file again.
The whole process of unlocking the files you want to download that Windows Defender blocks is complicated and damaged to some extent. Why are there no options to delete or restore files throughout their history, why do I have to click several times to learn more about a threat, and why are threats sometimes not listed in the main interface where you can restore them?
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.