Updated March 2024: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
The error ‘A Startdocprinter Call Was Not Issued’ is caused by a hexadecimal error format. This is a common error code format used by Windows and other Windows-compatible software and driver manufacturers.
This code is used by the manufacturer to identify the error that occurred. This error code “A Startdocprinter Call Was Not Issued” has a numeric error number and a technical description. In some cases, the error may contain additional parameters in the format “A Startdocprinter Call Was Not Issued”. These additional hexadecimal codes are the addresses of the memory locations where the instruction(s) was loaded at the time of the error.
What are the causes of the ‘A Startdocprinter Call Was Not Issued’ error?
- Invalid printer queue
- Incorrect print prompts
- Access Control Problems
- Invalid print spooler service
How to troubleshoot the ‘Startdocprinter call failed’ error message?
Using Windows for troubleshooting
- Open the runtime window by pressing the Windows + R keys at the same time.
- Then type ms-settings: troubleshoot in the search box and press Enter.
- In the troubleshooting application, click on the Setup and Operation section on the right.
- Then click on Printer and finally on Run Troubleshooting to begin troubleshooting.
- When the process is complete, a new window will open where you can click Apply this fix.
Reinstalling the printer driver
- Select the Start menu, type Run, and press Enter.
- Then type devmgmt.MSC in the text box and press Enter.
- Give UAC (User Account Control) permission when prompted.
- In the Device Manager window, locate the printer and expand it.
- Then right-click on the installed printer driver and choose Uninstall from the menu.
- Uninstall the corresponding USB driver as well.
- Now reboot the system and make sure that it is connected to the Internet.
Start the print spooler service
- Press and hold down Windows + R to open the Run window.
- Now type services.MSC in the search box and press Enter.
- If UAC (User Account Control) has administrator privileges, click Yes.
- On the Services screen, locate the print spooler service.
- Right-click the print spooler service, and then click Properties.
- On the General tab, start by setting the startup type to Automatic.
- If the service is in the Stopped state, click the Start button.
- Otherwise, stop the service, wait a few minutes, and then click the Start button again.
- Finally, reboot the system.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
Frequently Asked Questions
The StartDocPrinter function tells the print spooler that a document should be spooled for printing.
Another possibility that causes the "A Startdocprinter Call Was Not Issued" error is a scenario where the print spooler service is actually malfunctioning. In this case, the problem can be resolved by using the extended command line to change the Print Spooler service access control list.
- Using Windows troubleshooting tools.
- Reinstall the printer driver.
- Start the Print Spooler service.