Last Updated on November 26, 2021
Updated September 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Error code 0xc0000005, also known as access violation error or 0xc0000005 exception handling message, is a common problem that usually occurs when users try to open various applications in Windows operating systems. This prevents them from doing so, as they can only click “OK”, which prevents them from launching the program in the first place.
The specific code associated with this error is also related to the more general Windows error 0xc0000005, which occurs frequently and mainly concerns three different scenarios and types of situations.
What causes the application error 0xc0000005?
There are several possible causes for this problem, including third-party antivirus programs that cause application error 0xc0000005. In addition, the Windows system registry may be corrupted, causing the system and its related programs to behave abnormally.
There may also be problems with installed drivers – they may be corrupt, incorrect, or erroneous. Some programs may have been updated or installed incorrectly, or the operating system may have been infected with malware.
There is no single cause for application error 0xc0000005, and there are many ways to fix it. In this guide, we describe the possible methods of solving this problem.
How to repair the application error 0xc0000005?
Launch the system file checker
- Open a command line with administrator privileges.
- Then type the following command in the cmd window and press Enter:
- Wait until the scan of the system files is finished.
Disabling anti-virus software
Antivirus software can affect the executable files of several programs. To solve this problem, you should disable a third-party antivirus program to see if it is causing the problem or not.
Note that disabling antivirus software can cause serious threats to your computer when it is connected to the Internet.
Perform a system restore
- Right-click on “This Computer” or “My Computer” and select Properties.
- In the “Properties” window, select “Advanced System Settings” in the middle-left corner.
- In the “Advanced Settings” window, select the “System Protection” tab, and then click on “System Restore”.
- Click “Next” and check the “Show other restore points” box.
- Then select a restore point (probably a restore point that is 20-30 days before the current date).
- A confirmation dialog box will appear. Finally, click the Finish button.
- That’s all you need to do. It will take some time, but you will be restored to an earlier date.
The 0xC0000005 application error is often caused by Data Execution Prevention (DEP), which was introduced by Microsoft in Windows SP2 and is used in later versions. DEP is a set of security features that prevents code execution from non-executable memory segments. Disabling DEP solves this problem.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
Frequently Asked Questions
The 0xc0000005 (access violation) application error is usually caused by your computer's inability to properly handle the files and settings needed to run a particular program or installation.
- Disable Data Execution Prevention (DEP) for the program.
- Disable the AppInit_DLLs mechanism in the Windows registry.
- Run a malware scan.
- Run a Windows memory diagnostic and replace the faulty RAM.
There are several possible causes for this problem, including third-party antivirus programs that cause application error 0xc0000005. In addition, the Windows registry may be corrupted, causing the system and its related programs to behave abnormally.