Updated January 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Error code “0x800c0006” is a problem name that contains detailed information about the error, including the cause of the error, which component of the system or application failed, and other information. The numeric code in the error name usually contains data that can be deciphered by the manufacturer of the component or application in which the failure occurred.
The problem associated with this code can occur in different places in the system. Thus, even if there are some details in its name, it is still difficult for the user to identify and fix the cause of the problem without specific technical knowledge or appropriate software.
What causes error 0x800c0006 in Windows 10?
If you get this warning on your PC, it means that your system has malfunctioned. “Error code 0x800c0006” is one of the problems that users face as a result of the improper or failed installation or uninstallation of software that may have left invalid entries in your system elements, improper system shutdown due to power failure or some other factor, someone with insufficient technical knowledge accidentally deleted a system file or required entry in a system element, and several other reasons.
How to repair the error 0x800c0006 in Windows 10?
Install the .NET Framework 3.5
- First, press the Windows + R keys to open the “Run” dialog box.
- Type “appwiz.cpl” in the text box and press Enter to open the Programs and Features menu.
- When prompted by User Account Control (UAC), click Yes to grant administrator access.
- From the Programs and Features menu on the left side of the screen, click Enable or Disable Windows Features.
- Once in the Windows Features screen, make sure the checkbox for .NET Framework 3.5 (also includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0) is checked, and click Ok to save your changes.
- When prompted to confirm installation, click Yes, then wait for .NET Framework 3.5 to activate.
- After activating .NET Framework 3.5, restart your computer and see if the problem resolves the next time you start your computer by trying to install Windows Live Mail again.
Using the standalone installer to install Windows Live Mail
- Open the default browser and download Windows Essentials (the standalone installer).
- On the appropriate web page, click Download Now to download the installer and wait for the download to complete.
- Once the installer is successfully downloaded, disconnect your computer from the Internet so that the operating system does not detect that the tool is no longer officially supported.
- Then double-click the installer and click Yes in the UAC (User Account Prompt) window.
- On the first Windows Essentials 2012 screen, click Select the programs you want to install.
- Then, in the list of programs available as part of the Windows Essentials suite, select the items you want to install and deselect all others before clicking Install.
- After selecting the programs you want to install from Windows Essentials, follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation of the tool that previously caused the error code 0x800c0006.
- After installing the program, restart your computer and see if the problem is resolved the next time you start.
Updating all Windows components
If you are looking for the easiest way, you should opt for a fresh installation. But remember that you will lose all your personal data on the operating system drive if you don’t back up your data first. The big advantage of this method, however, is that you do not need to use compatible installation media.
However, if you choose the targeted approach, you will need compatible installation media to run the repair installation in place.
Unlike a clean installation, this process takes much longer, but its main advantage is that you can update any potentially corrupted components without losing data from your applications, games, documents, and personal media currently stored on your operating system disk.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
Frequently Asked Questions
Sometimes incomplete installation can cause this error code in your operating system and prevent you from using mail applications properly. Unauthorized infiltration of viruses and malware such as Trojans, spyware, and adware can also cause this technical problem.
If you get this warning on your PC, it means that your system has malfunctioned. Error code "0x800c0006" is one of the problems that users may encounter as a result of improper or failed installation or uninstallation of software that may have left invalid entries in system items.
- Run Windows Live Mail as administrator and in compatibility mode.
- Try the best third-party alternatives.
- Reconfigure your Windows Live Mail account.
- Check the Windows firewall and third-party firewalls.
- Delete the current account and create a new Windows Live Mail account.
- Repair the installation.
- Reinstall Windows Essentials 2012.
Go to Programs -> Programs and Features. Find Live Essentials and other related programs such as Windows Live Messenger, etc. Uninstall all programs related to Windows Essentials and Live Essentials. Run the Windows Live Essentials installer again and check if the error is fixed.