Last Updated on September 4, 2021
Updated September 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Sling TV is a very popular streaming TV service that has proven successful in providing content in all categories. However, it seems that some users are encountering the Sling 8-4612 error when trying to use the service from their devices on all platforms such as Windows, Android, iOS, Smart TV, Smart Dongles, etc.
If you also encounter this problem, follow this guide.
What causes Error 8-4612 in Sling TV?
There can be several reasons for Sling 8-4612 and 5-419 errors. Your Internet connection may be bad and you may not be able to access the live stream. There was a problem with the network itself, so you will have to wait.
If you encounter these problems, there are several solutions to help you solve the problem. Follow these steps.
How to repair the Sling 8-4612 error?
Reinstall the Sling TV
- On the home screen, swipe up to open the apps menu.
- Find the Sling TV app.
- Tap and hold the Sling TV app icon for a few seconds.
- Tap Uninstall, then tap Yes to confirm.
- Open the Play Store and reinstall the app. Launch the app and check for improvements.
- From the home screen of your device, use the remote control to access Sling TV.
- Press the asterisk * key to open the pop-up menu.
- Select Delete Channel and press OK.
- To reinstall the app, search for Sling TV in the Channel Store.
- Select Add Channel.
Amazon Fire TV:
- From the Home screen, open Settings.
- Select Apps, then open Manage Installed Apps.
- Find Sling TV and select Uninstall.
- After uninstalling the app, search for the Sling TV app and install it.
Perform a reboot
- Turn off the TV and any other devices connected to it.
- Unplug the modem and WiFi router to turn them off.
- Leave the devices in standby mode for a second.
- Reconnect the cables and turn on the TV.
- Wait for the device to connect to the Internet, then restart the app.
Change the channel
- Try changing the channel to see if the error occurs only on a certain channel.
- If the problem occurs on all channels, continue with the other steps below.
- If the other channels work without errors, contact Sling TV support as the problem may be on their end.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here