Updated March 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Starting with Firefox 75, Firefox no longer displays HTTPS or WWW by default. The browser automatically hides the information in the address bar when the user starts typing.
Note that this does not affect the display of active sites in the address bar; they will always display the full web address, including the WWW protocol and subdomain, if used.
How to Disable New Address Bar in Firefox v75
March 2023 Update:
You can now prevent PC problems by using this tool, such as protecting you against file loss and malware. Additionally it is a great way to optimize your computer for maximum performance. The program fixes common errors that might occur on Windows systems with ease - no need for hours of troubleshooting when you have the perfect solution at your fingertips:
- Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click “Start Scan” to find Windows registry issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click “Repair All” to fix all issues.
- Open Firefox.
- In a new tab, type about:config in the address bar.
- Click I accept the risk.
- In the search box, type browser.urlbar.update1 or copy the line browser.urlbar.update1.
- In the search results, double-click the name of the value browser.urlbar.update1 to change the value from true to false.
- Similarly, find the value browser.urlbar.openViewOnFocus and set it to false.
- Restart Firefox. You now have the classic address bar with no drop-down list that opens automatically and contains the main sites and large fonts.
You can now restore the https:// and www URL parts for the address bar suggestions if you wish.
I don’t like changes that remove information from a browser. Mozilla may be right that deleting parts of the address improves readability, but this can lead to situations where a page opens that is not the expected page.
Imagine that www.example.com and example.com refer to different resources. Firefox would only display example.com for both addresses in the suggestion list, so it would be impossible to determine which one is which without opening the suggestions.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.