Updated January 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
There are several ways to scan a document or photo in Windows 10. You may be wondering who needs to scan things in this digital decade? Unfortunately, there are many reasons why paper is always the preferred or predefined format. Banking and government documents for taxes, for example, still appear in paper form.
In this post, I will discuss some ways you can scan a document with a physical scanner or the free Office Lens application for Windows 10. Because who wants to be buried under a mountain of elusive paper documents?
Microsoft Scan App
This tool is a visual upgrade of Microsoft’s old scanning and fax tool. It offers most of the same functions, depending on your printer, but removes the fax and e-mail components.
Install the Windows Scan App
Before you start scanning documents, make sure that Windows Scan is installed on your computer.
- To verify that Windows Scan is installed, click on the Start menu, then click on All Applications (represented by an icon that looks like an enumeration).
- Scroll through the list until you find the analysis application and click on it.
- If you cannot find the scanning application on your computer, you must download it from the Microsoft Store.
- Click on “Microsoft Store” in the Start menu.
- Then click on the “Search” bar and type “Scanner”.
- Windows Scan” should be the first result to appear in the drop-down menu – click on it.
- On the next page, click on the “Get” button and Windows Scan automatically starts the download.
- Once the download is complete, click Start to open the application.
How to Use Scan App in Windows 10
- Click the Start button or search for it in the Windows Start menu.
- The analysis application is simple but effective – it allows you to control basic settings such as selecting the analysis area and file type.
- When the application starts, it only displays the name of the scanner and the type of file in which the analysis is to be saved. Directly below the File Type option, click on Show above to display the full set of included options:
- File type: Choose between TIFF, JPEG, PDF, XPS, BMP and OpenXPS.
- Color mode: Choose between color, black and white and grayscale.
- Resolution: The higher the value, the better the print quality, the saved document and of course the format. Depending on where and how you want to use it, choose wisely.
- Save the file as: Make sure you choose this option, and I’ll tell you to save it in the cloud. Not only can you share it immediately with someone, but you won’t lose it. When you change computers, you can always ignore them when they are on Dropbox or OneDrive.
Note: If your scanner is not listed in the application, make sure it is turned on, connected to the computer and that the drivers are installed.
The scanner manufacturer may have its own scanning software that can help you scan a document. I suggest you take a look at it, because it may offer some additional features compared to the Windows Scan application.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.