Updated September 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
If you are not the only one using your computer, it may be almost impossible to keep your individual settings such as bookmarks and themes intact. This is also true if you are looking for confidentiality with your bookmarks and other sensitive data.
Google Chrome allows you to configure multiple users, each with their own virtual copy of the browser on the same computer. You can go even further by linking your Chrome account to your Google account and synchronizing your bookmarks and applications on multiple devices.
You can modify the profile that runs Chrome on Windows, Linux and Mac. If you are not familiar with the profiles, take a look at the top right corner of your screen. If you’ve signed in to Chrome on your Google Account, your profile name will appear. Clicking on this button opens a menu. In this menu, you can configure and use multiple profiles with different Google Accounts.
Adding a User in Chrome
- Click on the menu icon at the top right of Chrome.
- Select “Settings”.
- Select “Manage other people”.
- Select “Add a person” in the window at the bottom right.
- Enter the person’s name and select an icon.
Optional: If it’s a child account, check the “Watch this person” box to manage the websites they visit from your Google Account.
- When you create a monitored user, their browsing history, bookmarks and other settings are not synchronized between devices. It is not a Google account, it is a web browser account managed by a supervisor (such as a parent).
GUI method with corresponding icon for Chrome in Windows
- Enter chrome://settings/ in the address bar (or Menu > Settings).
- Scroll down to the Users section.
- Select the highlighted (current) user and click the Edit button.
- Now click on Add Desktop Shortcut.
Switching between users
To switch from one user to another, simply click on the user icon displayed in the upper left corner of the browser window. The other users created are displayed in a drop-down menu. Select the one you want to switch to and a new window will open for this user profile. If you have too many problems with this, you can also use the custom shortcuts provided by Chrome when you create a profile to open the browser as a specific user.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.