Updated November 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Many people have dual boot computers with Linux (Ubuntu) and Windows installed together. If you are not using a virtual box now, you cannot run one system on the other and you can only use one operating system at a time. So, if you want to move a large number of files from one operating system to another, you can use a shared partition.
The shared partition acts as a shared partition between Windows and Linux environments, and you can access this partition with any operating system. But how do you create this shared partition on your computer with two operating systems? We’ll come back to that in this article.
How to transfer files from Ubuntu to Windows 10
- Access DiskInternals Linux Reader from the official download page
- Once the download is complete, double-click the downloaded file to complete the installation process.
- Once the installation is complete, open the application from the desktop shortcut or by searching for “DiskInternals” in the Windows menu.
- The application cannot be integrated with Windows Explorer, but opens a separate interface through which you can interact with different partitions on your hard drive.
- You will see all available partitions in the “Hard Disks” sections above, from which you can double-click the partition containing the files you want.
- The application offers a preview at the bottom of each file you click, such as. B. image, text, or source code. This is a useful feature before deciding to transfer. It also has a built-in media player for previewing audio and video files.
- You can also preview a file in a separate window. Right-click the file and choose “Preview in New Window.
- To transfer the file, right-click the file and choose Save.
- On the next page, select Save Files and click Next.
- Click Browse to specify the path where you want to save the file, then click OK after specifying the location.
- On the Recovered Files list screen, click Next, and then click Next again. The file will then be successfully saved to the Windows 10 location of your choice.
Network Shared Folders.
This is the easiest method of all. In this method, we share all folders on the Windows computer that are visible on the Ubuntu computer.
Step 1. On your Windows computer, right-click the network connection icon in the lower right corner of the taskbar.
Step 2. Select “Open Network and Internet Settings”.
Step 3. Then select “Sharing Options”.
Step 4. Now select the following options in the current network profile:
Enable network discovery.
Enable file and printer sharing.
Remember to save your changes.
Step 5. Now open your explorer and navigate to the directory you want to share. Right-click the folder and select Properties.
Step 6. With the folder properties open, select the “Sharing” tab. Also click the Advanced Sharing button.
Step 7. Check the “Share this folder” checkbox.
You cannot run / home directory from a FAT32 or NTFS partition. So your configuration files and scripts have to stay there. You can redirect other frequently used folders such as Documents, Downloads, Music, etc. etc. to another partition that Windows can read. You can then add these folders to your Windows 7 libraries and mark them as the default location.
This is not an appropriate solution. The configuration files associated with your program and other user related settings are in different locations with that configuration. If you need to reinstall either operating system, you will need to make a separate backup of your user settings. That said, most people only care about their documents, music, videos, etc. D. This solves that problem by letting both operating systems know they are looking for them in the same place.
Linux has come a long way in reading and writing NTFS. Since it’s much better than FAT32 and more difficult to set up, we’ll talk about that in this guide.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.