Updated December 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
Are you worried that your Canon printer is not working and is preventing you from working? Troubleshooting offline printers are very easy for us. And because you were very concerned about this error, we decided to share our solutions that work great to give you the best Canon Printer Offline solution.
What is the cause of ‘Canon Printer Offline’?
- Problem with default settings: Incorrect default print settings may be the reason why your Canon printer is not working.
- Use Enable Offline Printer: The Offline state option is not disabled, why the printer may go offline.
- Printer spooler error: a technical error in the printer spooler may be the cause of this offline problem.
- Insufficient paper feed: A paper jam in your Canon printer is a common cause of this offline error.
- USB problems: A bad connection between the USB port of the printer and the computer, caused by loose wiring, can cause an offline error.
- Due to a connection error: An incorrect or missing connection between the computer and the wireless router may interrupt the connection between the printer and the wireless router, resulting in an offline operation error.
How to resolve the ‘Canon Printer Offline’ error?
Update the Canon printer drivers
- Open the Run window by pressing the Windows and R keys on your keyboard simultaneously.
- Then open Device Manager -> Print Queues (from the submenu),
- Then right-click on the printing hardware and select Update Driver.
- The window will ask, “How do you want to search for the driver?”
- Select “Search for driver software on my computer,” then continue.
- Select the option to install the drivers for your printer and then update them accordingly.
- Now reboot your system and check if the error is resolved or not.
Restart the printer
- Press the Windows + R keys simultaneously.
- A Run box will appear. Now type services.MSC and press Enter.
- The Services window will open, displaying a list of Windows services.
- Click on any service and press P until Printer Spooler is highlighted.
- Then right-click on Printer Spooler and select Properties from the drop-down menu.
- On the General tab, select the Suspend option located under Service Status, and click OK to save your changes.
- The Print Spooler service is currently disabled. Proceed to delete the print jobs.
- To do this, open Windows Explorer and open the C -> Windows -> System32 -> Spool -> PRINTER drive.
- You will see a popup message asking for permission. Click the Next button.
- The folder will now open, close the window, and return to the General tab.
- Start the spooler service again. Set the spooler startup type to Automatic.
- Now restart your computer and check with a print test to see if the Canon printer offline error is gone or not.
Reconnect the printer to Wi-Fi again
- Start by “forgetting” the router to disconnect it from the printer.
- Then reconnect it to the printer. If you are using a USB cable connection, connect them using USB.
- If you prefer to connect the printer to a wireless Internet router, open the Wi-Fi wizard setup window on the touchscreen printer and make the connection.
- Press and hold down the Wi-Fi button on the printer until the Wi-Fi light starts flashing.
- When you are sure and your printer starts flashing blue, walk over to your Wi-Fi router and press the WPS button. This will reconnect the printer to the Wi-Fi.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
Frequently Asked Questions
Go to the print and fax control panel in the Hardware category. Select the desired printer from the list on the left side of the screen. Then click the "Open Queue" button. Click "Restore from Printer" at the top of the queue window to bring your Canon printer from offline to online.
The printer may appear offline if it is unable to communicate with the PC. Make sure the printer is turned on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your PC. Your printer's built-in menu should tell you which network it is connected to. Also, refer to your printer's manual for more information.
The "Canon printer offline" error occurs when the printer cannot receive print commands from the system. Make sure that your printer is selected as the "default printer". Use the "Enable Offline Printer - Offline State" option that is not disabled to make the printer appear to be offline.