Last Updated on December 9, 2021
Updated September 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Some Windows 10 users are complaining on the forum about a problem with a missing DLL file. They report that they get an error message “MSVCP100.dll not found” when they try to run a variable set of applications on their computer. Reinstalling the program may solve this problem.” If you find yourself in the same situation and don’t know what to do, just follow the suggested solutions below for your computer and the problem will be solved very easily.
What is the reason for missing ‘MSVCP100.dll’?
Msvcp100.dll errors occur when the msvcp100 DLL file is removed or damaged in some way. Sometimes they may indicate a Windows registry problem, a virus or malware problem, or even a hardware error. Your particular errors may be caused by a virus or other malware making the DLL file unusable.
How to fix the ‘MSVCP100.dll is missing’ error?
Perform an SFC scan
- To perform an SFC scan, you must run an extended command line.
- In the command line window, type ‘sfc /scannow’ and press Enter to run this command.
- The system file checker will start, which will take some time to complete.
- Wait until the scan finishes and restart your computer.
Check for Windows Updates
- Go to “Settings” and select “Update and Security”.
- Click on “Check for updates”. Windows will start checking for updates.
- After installing updates (if any), check to see if the error persists.
Reinstalling the program
- Enter “appwiz.CPL” and press the “Enter” key on your keyboard – the “Programs and Features” window will open.
- In the “Programs and Features” window, find the program and uninstall it by right-clicking on it and selecting “Uninstall” from the drop-down menu.
- Download and install the program again to see if an error occurs when you run the program.
Check your system for malware and viruses
- Enter the word “virus” in the search box and click on the “Virus and Threat Protection” result.
- In the “Virus and Threat Protection” window, click on “Advanced Scan”.
- Select “Full scan” and click “Scan now”. This will scan your system for malware. If viruses are found, remove them.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
Frequently Asked Questions
Msvcp100. DLL is part of Microsoft Visual C++ and is often required to run programs developed with Visual C++. In some games or applications, this file may be in the installation folder of the game/application. Copying the file from the Windows system folder to the game/application installation folder should solve the problem.
- Download and run Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update.
- Install all available Windows updates.
- Repair msvcp100.
- Run a system-wide virus/malware scan.
- Use System Restore to undo the last changes made to the system.
- Run a third party DLL fixer.
- Download the Visual C++ Redistributable package.
- Load MSVCR100 manually.
- Run an SFC scan.