Updated January 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
If you find the error SEC_ERROR_OCSP_FUTURE_RESPONSE in Firefox, you are not alone. Many users have reported the same error using the Firefox browser. Typically, the error occurs when files containing CSS elements are in the Firefox browser. The error is then generated for websites connected via HTTPS.
Fortunately, there are several ways to fix the Firefox error SEC_ERROR_OCSP_FUTURE_RESPONSE. Check out the following methods to see which one will help you solve the problem.
What causes the Firefox error `SEC_ERROR_OCSP_FUTURE_RESPONSE`?
It turns out that the error code SEC_ERROR_OCSP_FUTURE_RESPONSE is often associated with an OSCSP response that is invalid because the computer is set to a future date. In other words, the problem may occur because the computer clock is incorrectly set.
The problem is much more common in Firefox v47 and below. It turns out that the problem may be caused by a bug in Mozilla Firefox that affects the display of certain CSS elements. Fortunately, Mozilla has already fixed this problem with a patch released in v51.
How to resolve the Firefox error “SEC_ERROR_OCSP_FUTURE_RESPONSE”?
Updating Firefox version
- Open Firefox.
- Click on the “Open Firefox” menu button.
- Click on Help to open other menu options.
- Select the About Firefox option.
- Click Restart to update Firefox.
Disable OCSP Checking
- Launch Firefox.
- Click on the Settings menu and select Preferences.
- Click on Privacy and Security on the left side of the tab.
- Select the ‘Query OCSP responder servers to confirm the current validity of certificates’ option.
- Uncheck the Request OCSP responder server checkbox.
- Close Firefox and restart it.
Checking the time and date on Windows 10
- Click on the clock on the right side of the taskbar.
- Press the Windows + S key combination.
- Enter the keyword time in the search box.
- Click on Change date and time to open the Settings window.
- Activate the Set time automatically option.
- Restart the desktop or laptop.
- Click the Edit button to manually adjust the time and date settings.
- Click the Edit button and restart Windows.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
Frequently Asked Questions
This message - "sec_error_ocsp_future_response" - almost always indicates that your system clock is set to a past date or time. Make sure that the three Windows characteristics are correct:
- Time zone
- Click the menu button, click Help, and select About Firefox.
- Click the menu button, click on. Help and select About Firefox.
- The About Mozilla Firefox window opens. Firefox checks for updates and downloads them automatically.
- When the download is complete, click Restart to update Firefox.
- On the Error page, click Where you can add an exception.
- Click Add exception.
- Click Retrieve Certificate.
- Click View to display a window describing the problem with the z/OSMF site.
- After verifying the certificate, close the dialog box.
- Click Confirm Security Exception to trust the z/OSMF site.
Go to the settings of the security software you are using and look for the SSL analysis feature. Once you find it, uncheck the box indicating if it is enabled. Once you have disabled this feature in your security software, try visiting the website again.