Last Updated on November 24, 2021
Updated September 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
SideBySide error is a Windows operating system error related to a corrupted or missing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package. This is a common error for Windows 10 operating systems that are missing Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package. If you are experiencing the same problem with the SideBySide 59 error on Windows 10, you can follow this troubleshooting guide completely.
Many affected Windows 10 users report that the Event Viewer is filled with SideBySide Error 59 events, which actually indicate an “error in a manifest or policy file.” This particular error also occurs when some applications in Windows 10 launch unexpectedly.
What causes the SideBySide error 59?
- Damaged Operating System Dependencies: A potentially corrupted system file used to bypass necessary VC++ dependencies with applications that require them may also be responsible for this particular problem.
- Lack of Visual C++ Redist. Package: The most common scenario that can cause this particular error code is a missing Visual C++ dependency expected by the program or service is being run.
- Damaged system file: In some cases, this problem may be caused by a corrupted system file affecting the Windows installation.
- Damaged .DLL file belonging to the Bing Bar extension: There is a DLL file specific to the Bing Bar extension that is very prone to corruption.
How to repair the SideBySide 59 error code?
Perform a DISM and SFC scan
- Type cmd in the search box and click Run as administrator.
- At the extended command prompt, type the following command and press Enter to execute.
- Once the process is complete, restart your computer and check to see if the problem is resolved. If the error persists, go to step 4.
- Open the extended command line again and this time run the following command.
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Wait for the process to complete, then restart your computer.
Installing Windows correctly
- Download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool and run the MediaCreationTool.exe file immediately after the download is complete.
- In the first window that appears, select the Create installation media for another PC option and click Next.
- In the next window, select the Use recommended settings for this PC check box and click Next.
- Now select the USB drive or ISO file (for later burning to DVD) and click Next.
- In the next window, select the drive and click Next to continue.
- When the process is complete, click Finish and restart your computer with the DVD or USB flash drive inserted.
- Press any key on your keyboard to boot from the USB drive or DVD and follow the on-screen instructions to continue. Here you need to enter your Windows license key.
- Now check if the computer boots from the created bootable USB stick or DVD. If it does not, you need to press a key or key combination to do so. Check with your PC manufacturer for the keys.
- In the next window, click on the Edit what should be kept hyperlink and select Nothing (recommended). This will delete all the contents of the partitioned drive and reinstall Windows 10 from scratch.
- Click Next and wait for the operation to complete.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are caught in this particular scenario and you have Bing Bar installed on your computer, the only way to fix the SideBySide 59 error (right now) is to remove the Bing Bar utility from your computer.
SideBySide errors are caused by the fact that the current version of Microsoft Visual C++ has no backward compatibility with the failed commercial application.
- Download the installation file again.
- Install the problem application again.
- Check your registry.
- Install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable packages.
- Launch a system file check.