Updated December 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
Steam is undoubtedly one of the leaders in the world of video games. Every day thousands of transactions are made on the platform as more and more people buy their favorite games. However, these transactions do not go smoothly for all users.
If you are trying to purchase a certain game but cannot complete the purchase, read on to find out how to fix the “Transaction Pending” error in Steam and continue playing without problems.
What causes the “Transaction Pending” issue on Steam?
- Network problem
- Existing pending transaction
- Problems with the bank server
- Existence of VPN service or other proxy servers.
How to repair the Steam “Transaction Pending” error?
Disable VPN and IP proxy software
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager from the list.
- On the Processes tab, select the VPN or IP proxy software and click End Task.
- Select the Start tab, then right-click the VPN or IP Proxy program and select Disconnect.
Check the status of your Steam server
- Open the Downdetector website and select a country from the drop-down menu.
- Enter Steam in the search box on this site to open a page with more information about Steam server outages.
Cancel other pending transactions
- Open Steam and click on your user account name.
- Click on the Account Details option.
- Then click on the View Purchase History option to open a list of Steam transactions.
- If you have multiple pending purchases, select one of the pending purchases.
- Then click Cancel this transaction.
- Click Cancel My Purchase.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
Frequently Asked Questions
Click on the Account Details option. Then click on the View Purchase History option to open a list of Steam transactions. If there are multiple pending purchases, select one of the pending purchases. Then click on the Cancel this transaction option.
There is an unfinished transaction in Steam because of an unfinished purchase on Steam. While the Steam purchase process is very secure and of high quality, the payment process can get bogged down due to a network glitch, and when the user tries to make another purchase, Steam will issue an Incomplete Transaction error.
It can take up to five days for a pending transaction on Steam to process. There are reports of pending transactions on Steam which may take up to ten days.